Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Needing help deciding between these two boards. The Taichi is killing it when it come to Newegg reviews. But, when I think premium board I think of Asus, not Asrock. I have read some reviews of the Asus board warning newcomers to overclocking to stay away from this board while other reviews say how easy it is to overclock. You can see my hesitation. The Taichi has more power phases which I believe translates to better over-clocks, and more stable over-clocks too. The Taichi can only handle a 1.5 amp pump while the Asus can handle a 3 amp. Also the Asus board supports 6 pwm fans while the taichi only does 5. I was think of doing two hubs anyways.

Thoughts andd help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
From first hand experience the taichi is a beast. Great over clocks with great support. The 3A pump header is not an issue with a custom loop as any pwm pump will have a molex or sata cable to power it, and aio units have very small pumps .

·
Registered
141 Posts
I honestly can't say enough good things about my Z370 Taichi.

Understated good looks, great build quality, fantastic price, excellent overclocking (my 8700k at 5GHZ has been ROCK SOLID), dual bios, digital display on the mb that can be used to monitor CPU temps, etc.

I don't think the Taichi will disappoint you one bit... And I just can't see any reason to spend $50+ more for the X Hero.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts