Overclock.net banner
9901 - 9920 of 9972 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
I dont think that they use a X370 Taichi. Like the Pictures shows der use a X570 Taichi and for X370 there use Asus C6H. Also we can see the Bios update for Asus c6h. is 1.2.0.6.b.
I think he was saying just wrong. it make otherwise not really sense to test two x370 Boards when he always talk about one B350x, one Asus (c6h) X370 and one Asrock (taichi) X570.

Sorry but i will wait. 1.2.0.6b as minimum for x370 .. or crossflash to x470?

·
Registered
16 Posts
not is important the minute: is exit for the taichi x470 the firmware that Update AMD AM4 AGESA Combo V2 PI 1.2.0.6b. Some people use the firmware of the taichi x470 in the x370 ( ost the led capability,of the led and must be prey attention to the dimension of the bios).I suggest you to wait the correct firmware for this motherboard but remember exist also this way.

·
Like a fox!
3,016 Posts
Well they surely didn't use a "community" unofficial beta bios (6.6x), and 7.04 is the only bios released for the X370 Taichi that supports the Ryzen 5000 series. So if they were able to run any tests at all on this board with the 5800X3D then logically they had to of been using bios version 7.04. A group like Hardware Cannucks would never cross-flash X470 -> X370. They would of only used the actual bios released by the manufacturer for all testing. They had to of used 7.04. There's no other way they could of completed their tests.

·
Noctua Fanboy
1,160 Posts
Just wait until May when we get the newer AGESA and it should work i talked to a few people on twitter about it one who is in contact with Amd directly(Hassan Mujtaba) and one who is generally correct about these things.

May or June Asrock is generally pretty quick actually with bios updates at least they are faster then some other companies

• Rep+
Reactions: Height_of_Folly

·
Registered
50 Posts
Do we look the same Video? Around 5:30 in the video from Hardware Canucks, he even not say something about x370 Taichi or i see something about. I o ly see some result from a 5800x3d on x370. Im still the meaning he use for that the Asus c6h like he dif say and showbin the video with the new Bios.

@numlock66, your post of reddit talks about 1.2.0.5 to boot (with no boost clock) and 1.2.0.6b minimum for official support. The discussion about 1.2.0.2 is only about boottime topic on a b450. A user just blam that after support new cpu, he will see a fix for slow post .

·
Like a fox!
3,016 Posts
Do we look the same Video? Around 5:30 in the video from Hardware Canucks, he even not say something about x370 Taichi or i see something about. I o ly see some result from a 5800x3d on x370. Im still the meaning he use for that the Asus c6h like he dif say and showbin the video with the new Bios.

@numlock66, your post of reddit talks about 1.2.0.5 to boot (with no boost clock) and 1.2.0.6b minimum for official support. The discussion about 1.2.0.2 is only about boottime topic on a b450. A user just blam that after support new cpu, he will see a fix for slow post .
In exactly that video at the 3:00 mark his words say "from an asus b350 all the way to an asrock x370 tai chi". I turned on closed captions and screenshot the time and text for you. See here:
Font Magenta Automotive lighting Technology Electronic device

However that is the only point in that entire video where it is even mentioned. In all of the later benchmark graphs he just wrote "Ryzen 5 5800X3D (X370)". We have no idea exactly which X370 motherboard he used for testing to generate those results. It could of been the Taichi. It could of been something else. This is why I don't really like to listen to Hardware Cannucks like this, I stopped following them on youtube: There are many of their videos where they "leave out" important details like this. It just annoys the @#[email protected]#@!#@! out of me so much that I can't stand it personally.

·
Registered
50 Posts
He say and you can see an other X370. The Asus Crosshair 6 Hero (c6H). Also with exactly Bios Verison. Why the should show them and talk about when there not use them? Im 99,99% shure they used them for the testing. And this is allreafy AGESA 1.2.0.6b.

·
Like a fox!
3,016 Posts
He say and you can see an other X370. The Asus Crosshair 6 Hero (c6H). Also with exactly Bios Verison. Why the should show them and talk about when there not use them? Im 99,99% shure they used them for the testing. And this is allreafy AGESA 1.2.0.6b.
We will never know what X370 board they used for their testing. They don't tell us in that video. It's not stated anywhere in the video just "X370" in the graphs.

·
Registered
242 Posts

Did you read the link? Doesn't seems to. This forum is dead.

Where can I get Bios 6.62, every place I try will not work. Too many hours wasted can anyone help? A link that will work in 2022.
Why using this old bios? Any problem with 7.04? But https://www.jzelectronic.de/jz2/jzam4/X370TC662.exe

·
Registered
242 Posts
They might want to maintain the ability to flash back to older bioses. Once we go to 7.04 with this board we can never go backwards to older bioses again.
I'm sorry but you should stop posting this things in this post. Only by the fact this (and many others things you post here) isn't true.

·
Like a fox!
3,016 Posts
I'm sorry but you should stop posting this things in this post. Only by the fact this (and many others things you post here) isn't true.
Ya know.. people like you are real dicks. Insulting me for no reason. I wouldn't write things like that unless I have PERSONAL EXPERIENCE with it and know it to be a fact. I own an X370 Taichi. I flashed the 7.04 bios on it. I tried to flash back to previous bioses and it won't let me. It's even written write there on the ASRock website:
Font Screenshot Multimedia Electronic device Technology

I'm usually polite but you were VERY rude so you get a rude response in turn: Screw you. Go bother someone else with your bullshit.

9901 - 9920 of 9972 Posts