Overclock.net banner
9921 - 9940 of 9972 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Ya know.. people like you are real dicks. Insulting me for no reason. I wouldn't write things like that unless I have PERSONAL EXPERIENCE with it and know it to be a fact. I own an X370 Taichi. I flashed the 7.04 bios on it. I tried to flash back to previous bioses and it won't let me. It's even written write there on the ASRock website:
View attachment 2558035
I'm usually polite but you were VERY rude so you get a rude response in turn: Screw you. Go bother someone else with your bullshit.
Calm people.
You can use flashrom tool and flash any
BIOS version you want.In the end any flash bios process have their danger of failure process.Everyone accept the risk of their failure in the end.Peace.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Calm people.
BIOS version you want.In the end any flash bios process have their danger of failure process.Everyone accept the risk of their failure in the end.Peace.
Not only flashrom, there is CH341A, there is UEFI flash provide by Jz Eletronic...

·
Like a fox!
3,016 Posts
Calm people.
I was not referring to flash rom. I did not mention that. No one had mentioned that. I guess I have to clarify: If the "Common user" flashes 7.04 to their system, through the bios, they won't be able to go back to an older version. Some people may not like this and they might want the 6.6x bios instead of 7.04. With the 6.6x beta bios we get support for the 5000 series processors and still have the ability to flash back to older bioses. In that situation (People flashing the updated bios through the motherboard's in-bios update system) what I wrote is true: If people update to 7.04 this way then it is a one-way process and we can not go back to older bioses. I will not tolerate unnecessary targeted harassment aimed at me when I write something I know is true.

·
Noctua Fanboy
1,160 Posts
Hi,
im currently using x370 taichi 3,30 bios running ryzen 7 1700 im planing upgrade to ryzen 7 5700x,
does x370 taichi with latest bios 7.04 can run ryzen 7 5700x normally?
As of today i'm not to sure as that CPU just came out and it came out after 7.04 the 5800x should be fine

You will have to wait until may or june for a update

• Rep+
Reactions: undukunduk

·
Registered
597 Posts

·
Everyone's connected ...
107 Posts
first 1.2.0.7 BIOS is available for X370 Pro4, and even though it's not on the download page, the link works https://download.asrock.com/BIOS/AM4/X370 Pro4(7.20)ROM.zip
This version should fix ftpm issues

“MSI just released a major BIOS update for its MEG X570 lineup of motherboards that not only adds enhanced support for the newly launched Ryzen 7 5800X3D but also fixes the much-reported fTPM bug. The update released as part of the AGESA 1.2.0.7 microcode is now available on the MEG Godlike, Ace, Ace Max, and Unify-X variants of the X570 and X570S range.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Upgraded from Ryzen 1700 to 5800x3d yesterday. Only issue is no boost until agesa 1.2.0.6b or higher. Was on bios 5.40 went directly to 7.0 rebooted upgraded to 7.04 slotted the 5800x3d and it booted. Turned my xmp profile on and played games the rest of the night with no issues.
Nice. I'm also currently running a 1700 on bios 5.60. I guess I know what I'm doing tonight then

·
Like a fox!
3,016 Posts
Today I upgraded my 1800X to a 5950X, everything seems fine and my 64GB of RAM can now run at its rated XMP speed (3200C16) while previously that didn't work
Just a note for you: You might want to check and make sure your infinity fabric speed is also running at 1600 mhz (half of memory speed) so it's 1:1 with your memory speed for best performance. Back with your 1800X it wasn't something you had to concern yourself with because all 1000 series chips automatically ran 1:1 matching infinity fabric with ram speed. But with the 5000 series processors infinity fabric and memory speed aren't locked together by default anymore. We have to check that manually now.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just a note for you: You might want to check and make sure your infinity fabric speed is also running at 1600 mhz (half of memory speed) so it's 1:1 with your memory speed for best performance. Back with your 1800X it wasn't something you had to concern yourself with because all 1000 series chips automatically ran 1:1 matching infinity fabric with ram speed. But with the 5000 series processors infinity fabric and memory speed aren't locked together by default anymore. We have to check that manually now.
Thanks for the tip! I checked in the bios and Infinity fabric frequency is set to Auto, which according to the help text means 1:1

·
Registered
242 Posts
Thanks for the tip! I checked in the bios and Infinity fabric frequency is set to Auto, which according to the help text means 1:1
No, not necessarily. BIOS v7.04 on our board has some minor bugs.

Setting IF on "auto", usually results in 1:2 mode, so in your case you could be running at 800MHz (but I'm not sure if this happens all the time or only when mem speed is >3600MHz).

You can check yourself using AIDA64 mem bench, hwinfo, zentimings etc.

9921 - 9940 of 9972 Posts