Overclock.net banner
9941 - 9960 of 9972 Posts

·
Like a fox!
3,016 Posts
Thanks for the tip! I checked in the bios and Infinity fabric frequency is set to Auto, which according to the help text means 1:1
That might not always work. As Dekaohtoura said above: Try HWINFO and check infinity fabric clock. For your system with ram at 3200 Mhz it should be running infinity fabric clock at 1600 Mhz. If it is not showing infinity fabric clock at 1600 Mhz via software then you might want to specify it manually in bios to make sure it's there. This effects the overall performance with AMD systems. It's a pretty important thing to get right.

·
Registered
41 Posts
No, not necessarily. BIOS v7.04 on our board has some minor bugs.

Setting IF on "auto", usually results in 1:2 mode, so in your case you could be running at 800MHz (but I'm not sure if this happens all the time or only when mem speed is >3600MHz).

You can check yourself using AIDA64 mem bench, hwinfo, zentimings etc.
That might not always work. As Dekaohtoura said above: Try HWINFO and check infinity fabric clock. For your system with ram at 3200 Mhz it should be running infinity fabric clock at 1600 Mhz. If it is not showing infinity fabric clock at 1600 Mhz via software then you might want to specify it manually in bios to make sure it's there. This effects the overall performance with AMD systems. It's a pretty important thing to get right.
Thanks, as I'm not running Windows I don't have a way to easily check the actual clock, so I just blindly set it to 1600MHz in the bios to be sure

·
Everyone's connected ...
107 Posts
BIOS 7.10 is now out for this motherboard which finally brings AGESA 1.2.0.7 with it. You can get it directly from the motherboard's page on ASRock's website. I don't see it listed yet on their BIOS Latest Updates list.
No more beta versions, what about people with 7.04?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
597 Posts
BIOS 7.10 is now out for this motherboard which finally brings AGESA 1.2.0.7 with it. You can get it directly from the motherboard's page on ASRock's website. I don't see it listed yet on their BIOS Latest Updates list.
it's on the list, the list is just very long

·
Passing by
35 Posts
Did anyone updated from 7.04 ? any improvement or changes ?

EDIT: Took the plunge , updated. will check and report. So far so good.

·
Passing by
35 Posts
Did you go straight to 7.10 from 7.04?
Yes I Have. did a bios reset before and after the update.
on my side I couldn't upload the saved profile I had. So had insert values manually. Aside of that so far it's working well

• Rep+
Reactions: Height_of_Folly

·
Like a fox!
3,016 Posts
Yes I Have. did a bios reset before and after the update.
on my side I couldn't upload the saved profile I had. So had insert values manually. Aside of that so far it's working well
This is typical of all AMD motherboards. We can never load any saved bios profile from a previous bios version into a newer updated bios version. It's not unique to this motherboard. I just wanted folks to know that.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Well, everything seems to work as it should.

I notices some minor changes in BIOS options, but nothing big.

All the "usual" problems for my board (can't boot with 2 mem sticks after clearing cmos), were there as well.

I'll report anything problematic/weird.

·
Registered
110 Posts
why didn't they put "support VERMEER CPU" in description, just CEZANNE? also they should update their cpu support list, somebody contact them!

anywayz - all 5000 series are supported now with 7.10 bios, right? actually all ryzens, including 3800xt, 5700g, 5700x, 5800x3d?

·
Registered
2 Posts
why didn't they put "support VERMEER CPU" in description, just CEZANNE? also they should update their cpu support list, somebody contact them!

anywayz - all 5000 series are supported now with 7.10 bios, right? actually all ryzens, including 3800xt, 5700g, 5700x, 5800x3d?
Upgraded my taichi x370 with the 7.10 bios and a 5800x3d. Everything works as it should. All the games I've tested are super smooth with flat or nearly flat frame times. Pretty sweet. I play heroes of the storm with friends most nights, and the fps is insane compared to the previous 3700x.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I did upgrade from 3800 to 5800x3d. No i can run ram on 3800. Befor it wasnt stable i was on 3600. So far, all stuff works. Aso pbo2 tuner. All core -30 and 10° C less heat.

Update: to many Whea im back on 3600. I will see later if i can get 3800 running without whea.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did upgrade from 3800 to 5800x3d. No i can run ram on 3800. Befor it wasnt stable i was on 3600. So far, all stuff works. Aso pbo2 tuner. All core -30 and 10° C less heat.

Update: to many Whea im back on 3600. I will see later if i can get 3800 running without whea.
My previous 2 chips(1700x then 3700x) memory would not run stable past 3200 with Samsung b-die so I just stayed with 3200 tight timings with my 5800x3d. People are saying pushing high memory speed doesnt make much difference with this chip because of the cache, but Don't know if thats true or not.

·
Like a fox!
3,016 Posts
My previous 2 chips(1700x then 3700x) memory would not run stable past 3200 with Samsung b-die so I just stayed with 3200 tight timings with my 5800x3d. People are saying pushing high memory speed doesnt make much difference with this chip because of the cache, but Don't know if thats true or not.
If folks can get infinity fabric clock to run 1:1 with ram speed at higher ram clocks then it will definitely matter. That's always effected the overall performance of all AMD Ryzen processors in every generation. How much of a difference though will depend on the application / game / etc.

·
Registered
50 Posts
@GigaRob, yes thats now with 5800x3d defently much less important. The hugh level3 cache helps real. There shouldnt be more as 2-3% between 3200 and 3800.
I stable on 3600 1:1:1. But with a new cpu and a new Bios i has always i littlebit hope and give him a try for 1-2h isnt worst. Maybe some here with x370 taichi and samsung b-die can give some information about how i works by him. 3600 is out of the box running. Xmp, auto done, just set if to 1:1:1. How we can get more?

9941 - 9960 of 9972 Posts