Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering what the general consensus here is on the Asrock taichi X399 motherboard. It seems to get raving reviews on sites. I'm also curious about how well it cools the VRMs etc. (would be being used with either a 1900X or a 1950X )

Thanks in advance guys!

·
Totally Tubular
1,508 Posts
My X399 Taichi had a problem with the VRM cooling -- the thermal pad that was supposed to go between the VRM MOSFETs and the heat sink didn't cover them all. It left two completely uncovered and they had no cooling whatsoever. I didn't find this out until a week after I started using it.

Other than that QA fail, it has been a great board. Good BIOS, no stability issues. XMP worked right out of the box. I was originally going to get the MSI Carbon board, but members here were unanimously against it and recommended the Taichi.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it -- just check to make sure the thermal pad covers all of the MOSFET chips.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
It's the best choice on x399.

VRM wise it's very robust too. It's a fantastic board that can handle anything you throw at it (MNMadman had an unfortunate sample as mine refuses to even get warm).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts