Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
The first ASRock x58 extreme was very highly rated for the price and from what I have read this one holds up too... I used an ASRock motherboard on my first AMD build and it was solid for regular usage.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Good if you want a system not on an overclock, or a mild one to, say up to 3.7-3.8ghz. Bad if you think this thing will overclock to 4.0ghz or more.

·
Registered
202 Posts
nonsense,got mine stable @ 4,22 ghz using a crappy i 930

the asrock has at least the same features as the higher priced ones.

i`m running this board since april, 24/7 at this oc;mentioned it earlier:it`s my fourth x 58 and the best so far.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I love mine! Highest OC i have gotten on it was 4.6 on a 930. Its feature rich and runs like a champ. The NB gets hot to the touch even with the heat pipe and fan, and voltages on auto in the bios run high like 1.92 ppl and 1.48 vtt.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMCB View Post
Good if you want a system not on an overclock, or a mild one to, say up to 3.7-3.8ghz. Bad if you think this thing will overclock to 4.0ghz or more.
I have no problem getting to 3.8, i am having trouble getting stability @ 4.0..

Also, the sata cables that came with the motherboard appear to be bad. ever since i replaced them today, some problems i have been having seem to have vanished, so the cables seem to have been the source ATM... will see if problem reappears...

Also, the BIOS has some settings that are named differently than ASUS/gigabyte motherboards. I am not sure how IOH/PCIE, and a few other settings are related to other voltage settings and overclocking stability...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts