Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
3,925 Posts
I would never invest in anything other than ASUS, GIGABYTE, EVGA OR MSI.
Even MSI is lower quality.
So no, don't get this.
Just invest 20 more little $ and you will have a good motherboard.

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montoya1;13099572
This motherboard has a really good price for what it is..But I don't know much about ASrock. Are they a reliable company and is their hardware built well?

As it seems this mobo looks like a great deal for what you get with it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157189
They are reliable and offer great value. They are part of Asus.

Built my friend's AMD setup with a Asrock mobo and it has been all good.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My past 2 mobos have been gigabyte. As is my current. Though Im thinking the EX58 UD5 is a little outdated and am seeing what else is out there.

·
Premium Member
10,858 Posts
AsRock usually sucks, but that actually looks to be an awesome board. You can tell it's well built, good heatsink/fan setup, all solid state capacitors, 8 power phases, onboard debug LED, onboard power/reset button etc...

Oh yea, it can overclock too. I wouldn't hesitate buying it.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Awesome board, unless you're overclocking 4.5Ghz+ when the TDP breaks 200Watts and the VRM's auto shut down on stress exceeding 200Watts draw.

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
Their non-lowend boards are fine as with any manufacturer. They share the same production facility as Asus (but they are in no way a part of each other, or ever were) so one can expect they are built to a certain degree of quality.

Every company gets lemons, and sometimes it can go hand in hand with poor design or cheaping out on key components, or advertising boards to do things they can't do properly. Speaking of the MSI mobo's that pop when you run an X6 cpu, or overclock an X4.

It's a good board for the money.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts