Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

can someone explain me what BCLK/PCIE Ratio is supposed to do?
Changing it does absolutely nothing on my board.
headscratch.gif

·
Premium Member
13,266 Posts
Your BCLK is the base clock, by default it is 100MHz. This 100Mhz clock is what PCI-E and DMI run off of as well. Multiplier is multiplied by BLCK to produce a final frequency (4000MHz/4ghz is produced by 100MHz times 100Mhz default BCLK). CPU multiplier times (X or *) BCLK = final CPu frequency.

The BCLK ratios (multiplier or dividers, different slang for the same thing) allow for the CPU, memory, and cache to work not only off multiplier times BCLK, but also times the BCLK multiplier. This multiplier allows for the CPU, Memory, and cache to operate at 125mhz (1.25x) or 167MHz (1.67x or 1.66x) times the multiplier. The reason for this multiplier is to allow for the PCI-E/DMI speeds to remain constant while only OCing the CPU, memory, and cache.

Maybe your motherboard down-clocks the multiplier, or just isn't setting it up correctly, or fails to OC and just starts up.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx for your reply buuuuut I was talking about an actual option in my bios called "BCLK/PCIE Ratio"
biggrin.gif

example

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin0822 View Post

Maybe your motherboard down-clocks the multiplier, or just isn't setting it up correctly, or fails to OC and just starts up.
I really dont know what my board does when I change this BCLK/PCIE Ratio to for example 1.25 or 1.67. Booting at lets say 100baseclock with 1.25x does nothing with my clock.
frown.gif

I hoped to find answers in this forum, maybe someone had similar problems with an ASRock x99 board

·
Registered
105 Posts
What the BCLK / PCI-E overclock feuture basicly does is overclocking the pci-e slots.
It adds more bandwith to the pci-e slots.
I would highly recommend not to toutch that feuture if you not know what you are doing.
Overclocking the pci-e slots, you might run into all sorts of strange issues with your pci-e cards / devices.
So i would recommend to just leave it on auto or stock.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So this board doesn't have a Baseclock Strap?
Can I just increase the baseclock till it runs unstable?

I read everywhere that the Baseclock shouldn't be OCed past 105MHz but at the same time I see people running this board with 125MHz baseclock up to 180MHz which is kinda confusing.

There is no option which calls itself Baseclock Strap or I don't understand how this board handles simple Baseclock OC.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That's because when you just set it to 1.25 you're actually UNDERclocking the PCIE by 25%. You need to raise the BCLK to 125mhz to get the PCIE back to 100mhz. When set to 1.67 you need to raise BCLK to 167mhz to get PCIE back to 100mhz.

No one said you "shouldn't" set it past 105mhz. With locked processors you just "can't" get it past 105mhz. The highest I got on my locked processor was 105.7mhz.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts