Overclock.net banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Old School Overclocker !
360 Posts
Any information regarding pci express 4.0 nvme drives speeds and benchmarks ? I heard from various sources intel implementation is way faster than the amd counterpart , hence this information will be very helpful regarding this subject for a lot of people that demands the fastest speeds on pciX nvme 4.0 drives set up. Also for the lovers of PCMark benchmarks this would be golden information (y).

·
Registered
9 Posts
it's already a thing on the Z590 Dark
I'd figure if EVGA can do it, ASRock sure as heck can
Let me guess .. you're the Sparky's Adv right? Glad to hear other brand is doing something right now, can you pming me some screen about that? Hopefully soon enough we'll see OC Formula clocking dual rank bdie...

·
Registered
355 Posts
Any information regarding pci express 4.0 nvme drives speeds and benchmarks ? I heard from various sources intel implementation is way faster than the amd counterpart , hence this information will be very helpful regarding this subject for a lot of people that demands the fastest speeds on pciX nvme 4.0 drives set up. Also for the lovers of PCMark benchmarks this would be golden information (y).

Intel NVMe is faster especially when it comes to random reads/writes.

i have been told the OCF should be available around middle of may in Europe.

no information on pricing yet ?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Let me guess .. you're the Sparky's Adv right? Glad to hear other brand is doing something right now, can you pming me some screen about that? Hopefully soon enough we'll see OC Formula clocking dual rank bdie...
That's me, screens are on Luumi's Facebook. I'll work on my own screens soon enough.

·
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
I just ran a quick NVMe comparison and the difference seems marginal. I used a basic Phison E16 drive for the comparison, so the disparity could be greater with a faster drive. Device: Team Group T-FORCE CARDEA Ceramic C440 M.2 2280 1TB

·
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Nick posted some new screens on Facebook!

Memtest stable: B-Die 5000Mhz 17-17-17-38 1T
1.jpg

Memtest stable: B-Die 5333Mhz 18-22-22-42 1T
2.jpg

·
Registered
309 Posts
err its terrible..
What is terrible, the memory overclocking ? I could really use your expertise then on picking the proper Z590 board. Which ones have you tested so far....
the AORUS Tachyon, EVGA Z590 DARK, MEG Z590I Unify, ROG Maximus XIII Apex or this Z590 OC Formula ?
Let me know your experience with A2 pcb B-Die and SK-H DJR mostly, you know like how well auto rules trains, how tight you can get the 2nd's and terts etc.
Also if you have any experiences with them cold, which one of those 5 boards is the best at doing fullpot without VRM or mems bugging out in 2 minutes. Thx

·
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Retail is here!! She got a bit banged up in shipping so some of the plastic is broken and LEDs are not working (under 24-pin), but it's a wow board :D

·
Not New to Overclock.net
4,817 Posts
What is terrible, the memory overclocking ? I could really use your expertise then on picking the proper Z590 board. Which ones have you tested so far....
the AORUS Tachyon, EVGA Z590 DARK, MEG Z590I Unify, ROG Maximus XIII Apex or this Z590 OC Formula ?
Let me know your experience with A2 pcb B-Die and SK-H DJR mostly, you know like how well auto rules trains, how tight you can get the 2nd's and terts etc.
Also if you have any experiences with them cold, which one of those 5 boards is the best at doing fullpot without VRM or mems bugging out in 2 minutes. Thx
terrible as it he sacrificed performance to just to get hci stable.

dude all the boards.. their bioses aint at "peak" state so..

its not the battle of the boards yet. more like battle if the bios.

evga kingpin and giga generally tuned for plug and play oc.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Will it be on sale in EU ? If yes, does someone has an ETA ?

·
Dankeroni Pepperoni
338 Posts
But most comet lake users wonder if the z590 can do better overclocking than the z490. Is it possible on z590 asrock formula 4800 dual rank bdie or higher?
I want to echo this question, should Comet Lake users aim for Z490 or Z590 platform for the best OC performance?

Also, holy cow the motherboard is SEXY!!! The price will definitely make my wallet cry though!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Damn that screen looks bonkers, miles ahead of what Asus, etc. are doing with their half baked ones just used for GIFs only lol.

·
Not New to Overclock.net
4,817 Posts
Damn that screen looks bonkers, miles ahead of what Asus, etc. are doing with their half baked ones just used for GIFs only lol.
u saw da giga z590 waterforce debauer did?? its a beaut with the oled like seamless.
even he got a shock after assembling how good it looks.

·
Registered
820 Posts
u saw da giga z590 waterforce debauer did?? its a beaut with the oled like seamless.
even he got a shock after assembling how good it looks.
Those boards look nice but they're like 1000 too much lol! The Z590 one reminds me a bit of the X299 Rampage Extreme with the see through silver plastic bit, it is really a neat effect.

·
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
OP updated with new bios/tools

21 - 40 of 46 Posts