1 - 20 of 2945 Posts

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
4,678 Posts
May I be the first to join the club. Sorry for being a fanboi but this board has been nothing but solid since day one of powering up.

The fact that it's upgradeable to IB was a strong selling point for me really put me over the edge.
I encourage others with the z68 to join and share their thoughts & comments. Most of all we love pic's. Mine will be up soon.
100_0753.jpg
100_0754.jpg
100_0755.jpg
I have added some new pic's today with paracord sleeving and i'm really liking the new look. I will be sleeving everything visable here in the near future to make it pimped out!
http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab91/freeline57/sleevedpc105.jpg[/IMG]]
http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab91/freeline57/sleevedpc104.jpg[/IMG]]

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FREELINE57;15257751
May I be the first to join the club. Sorry for being a fanboi but this board has been nothing but solid since day one of powering up.

The fact that it's upgradeable to IB was a strong selling point for me really put me over the edge.
I encourage others with the z68 to join and share their thoughts & comments. Most of all we love pic's. Mine will be up soon.
Agreed! My mobo has been rock solid since I put it together last week. Powered it up and everything worked great! So please Z68 owners hop on and share your thoughts and comments! I believe this is the only Z68 thread for ASRock at the moment! Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

·
I like computers
7,546 Posts
I love my board...amazing for what I paid for it, considering I've always bought ASUS. Last board was a 780i Tri-SLI that cost me $330, it "died", so did my two previous ASUS boards. This board was only $130.

• Rep+
Reactions: wickedout

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_Henderson;15260240
I love my board...amazing for what I paid for it, considering I've always bought ASUS. Last board was a 780i Tri-SLI that cost me $330, it "died", so did my two previous ASUS boards. This board was only $130.
I can't say I ever had any issues with my previous mobos. Every mobo I've owned has worked out good for me. And I've owned most of them. Mainly ASUS, MSI and Gigabyte. This is my first ASRock mobo ever! Did my research and glad I pulled the trigger on it. What a great choice for me!

·
Registered
72 Posts
So I was about to order the Extreme4 which I think is a great board but there is the Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 hitting the stores any day, which might be a slightly better yet a tad more expensive choice. Get the asrock now or wait for the asus? Im cornered since both are amazing.

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
You forgot about Z68 Pro3, Z68M/USB3 and Z68 Pro3-M.

I'm currently using Z68 Pro3 at another rig, paid $104 for it. Don't really care about SLI/Crossfire and I want as many expansion slots as possible so this board suits me. Overall I like this board very much. Although I can still feel a quality difference between ASRock and ASUS.

Comments about Z68 Pro3

* MOSFET heatsink is flimsy on this board. It can wiggle if you touch them.
* Fan control on this board can really use some improvements. Unlike other boards where its speed adjusts according to CPU temperature, ASRock does it in two speed. Fan is run at target speed (minimum fan speed) until it exceeds target temperature, at which point CPU fan speed dramatically increase.
* ASRock should move the PCIe x1 slot right below PCIe x16 to the top. One PCIe x1 slot is blocked by video card.

·
I like computers
7,546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedout;15260544
I can't say I ever had any issues with my previous mobos. Every mobo I've owned has worked out good for me. And I've owned most of them. Mainly ASUS, MSI and Gigabyte. This is my first ASRock mobo ever! Did my research and glad I pulled the trigger on it. What a great choice for me!
Funny thing is, the only boards I've ever had "die" (die could just mean not functioning properly, not always flat out fried) were ASUS. I still have an old ASRock 775 going strong, as well as an old Foxconn 775. Both the lowest end boards you could buy back then. And overclocked as far as they can go. My one ASUS had an PCI-E slot die, just after the 3-year warranty, and another started giving funky voltages to everything, the 12V only hitting 11.78V at best, and as low as 11.44V on load. This Extreme3 was so easy to overclock that I didn't even use any guides or anything. And this is the first post-s775 system I've built.

·
I like computers
7,546 Posts
So if I understand correctly, my motherboard will support PCI-E 3.0 with Ivy Bridge?

·
Premium Member
4,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_Henderson;15261346
So if I understand correctly, my motherboard will support PCI-E 3.0 with Ivy Bridge?
Not sure on the extreme3 board but, yes on the extreme4 board. Need to investagate..more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedout;15261399
There's nothing flimsy on my Z68 Extreme4 Gen3! I checked it out thoroughly before even putting in my case. The quality of this mobo is excellent. Here's a video review about it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4nEGYvzVbY
Most definatly....solid, and well built. Some people say that some slots not in the right place but i think it's each to their own needs.
I don't think that there will ever be a board produced that is 100% PERFECT in every aspect of layout, color scheme, slot spacing, heatsink clearence and so on. I too have to trade off ( like many others ) this for that when in the market for a board.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by John`;15265037
Can I join? I havent started OCing yet but will as soon as I read the OC guide somewhere on here.
biggrin.gif
You're in man! Enjoy! Right now I have my OC using the presets in the BIOS. Nice touch. Just a few clicks you can go from 4.2/4.4/4.6!

Maunally is the way to go for overclocking. I haven't had much of a chance to do it. I'll eventually get to it. I'm lazy right now. Lol!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Count me in x2. Just bought the Extreme 7 to keep my Extreme 4 company:) Won't get to install til the weekend but hopefully it'll be as pain free as the 4 was. I must say I was totally shocked at the difference in weight between the two.

·
Premium Member
4,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac11;15265533
Count me in x2. Just bought the Extreme 7 to keep my Extreme 4 company:) Won't get to install til the weekend but hopefully it'll be as pain free as the 4 was. I must say I was totally shocked at the difference in weight between the two.
Heavy heatsinks?

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac11;15265533
That's sweet! I hear the Extreme 7 is a rock solid board! You have two ASRock Gen3 boards? Nice! I almost pulled the trigger on the ASRock Z68 PROFESSIONAL GEN3! Just couldn't see myself spending $250 on it. I'm happy with my E4 G3. Welcome aboard!
smile.gif

·
The Newt in Overclock.net
3,000 Posts
Now I demand they make a dual CPU Z68 board.
I'm running out of upgrades! lol

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FREELINE57;15265584
Heavy heatsinks?
I don't think the sinks account for the difference, the board seems to be thicker and even sturdier. Man I wish I could take a day off of work to get this install done.

1 - 20 of 2945 Posts