Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new ivy bridge setup with an Asrock Z77 Extreme4 mobo. Every time I want to enter BIOS I have to bring out my old ps2 keyboard again. The weird part is that all the usb drivers are installed, and I can use my mouse in BIOS but not my keyboard. Ive tried switching from the usb3.0 and 2.0 slots with the same results. Any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You're lucky, I just put the same combo together yesterday and when I booted it up for the first time and got in the UEFI setup, my cursor floated around the screen and when I tried to move it , it would dart back to the center of the screen. I loaded windows 7 and installed all the drivers for the MB and updates from microsoft I went back into the UEFI and the cursor was only 50% better.

In the UEFI I clicked on advanced and mouse USB power was disabled so I enabled it also PS/2 keyboard was disabled so I changed it to any key ( I have a microsoft wireless keyboard with both PS/2 and USB connection, so this would free up a USB port and I use a USB microsoft mouse).

I exited the UEFI and shut down the computer unplugged the keyboard from the USB and plugged it into the PS/2 booted back up and let the computer go right into windows , windows recognized the PS/2 right away and installed the driver. Then I went to the microsoft downloads and downloaded the latest driver for the mouse, windows did not install the latest driver in the setup or the updates I had to do it myself. I went back into the UEFI and like magic both the keyboard and mouse functioned normally. I'm not sure if there was just one of he things I did or the whole combination but it,s working now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
MY setup is:

Black NZXT Phantom case
ASRock Z77 extreme 4 m.b.
Intel i7 3770k ivybridge o.c. 4.2GHz
NZXT 850w p.s.u.
8GB 2x4 Adata XPG 1866 gaming ram
OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD for O.S.
1TB Hitachi data HDD
Corsair H100 liquid cooler so far, the pump is noisy so I searched on line for a fix, i'll see if it works
GTX 680 when they get back in stock
Windows rating with no graphics card installed are 7.8 7.9 6.6 6.6 7.9 hard to believe just this cpu alone gets a 6.6 rating

·
Registered
615 Posts
I wish i only had a keyboard problem. When overclocking I am experiencing freezing on the CPU OC screen. It will freeze and I cannot go anywhere else. If I go to a different screen it works fine but when overclocked and when I am on the main oc screen it just freezes.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wldthng0164 View Post

What do you mean oc on the CPU OC screen??????? in the UEFI or the AXTU
The OC Screen of the UEFI BIOS. There is a tab that says OC tweaker I believe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts