Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys
Im looking for this motherboard Asrock Z87 extreme9/ac if some one know anything bad about it tell me now plz.

I have some questions. how that motherboard using XMP profile overclocking rams w/o overcloking CPI?

and #2 question can i use Dual x16 ports? i mena SLI or Crossfire? because 1150 CPU have 1x16 support and how they can read 2x16 slots in dual? i dont understand that. if CPU cant read than why its have it?

#3 question. how much i can incress FSB rate for 24/7 worcking? more than 110+? for stability 24/7 work?

#4 is this motherbard really best Z87 on 1150 socket? or maybe there is others better motherbaords on Z87

ok i finish for this

now battles.

Asrock Z87 extreme9/ac vs Maximus VI . what you think wich is better and stability motherbaords? some ppl i heared dont likes that maximus. they say "its not that what we was looking for/w8ing for"

Asrock Z87 extreme9/ac VS Gigabyte Z87X-OC Force Full

What about this battle?
=============================================================================
. Im gonna pay for this Asrock Z87 extreme9/ac 170$. its used but it was used so low time. its have all of accessoryes look at

c9c2d1a02d90.jpg

what you think?

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
1. Yes you can use XMP memory profiles on these motherboards.

My thoughts:

2. Asus Maximus VI Formula is the best board of those three.

Then in 2nd place there is GIGABYTE Z87X-OC Force.

Asrock Z87 Extreme 9 is a good but really cannot compare to Asus Maximus VI Formula.

3. FSB overclocking is not recomended on 1150 socket, gains are very low , especially with unlocked K processors available for that socket.

4. Yes you can use CrossFire or SLI on these motherboards, no problem at all.
thumb.gif

Reviews for all three motherboards:

http://www.vortez.net/articles_pages/asus_maximus_vi_formula_review,1.html --- Asus

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/6014/gigabyte-z87x-oc-force-intel-z87-motherboard-review/index.html --- Gigabyte

http://www.kitguru.net/components/motherboard/luke-hill/asrock-z87-extreme9ac-motherboard-review/ --- Asrock

CHEERS..

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingT View Post

1. Yes you can use XMP memory profiles on these motherboards.

My thoughts:

2. Asus Maximus VI Formula is the best board of those three.

Then in 2nd place there is GIGABYTE Z87X-OC Force.

Asrock Z87 Extreme 9 is a good but really cannot compare to Asus Maximus VI Formula.

3. FSB overclocking is not recomended on 1150 socket, gains are very low , especially with unlocked K processors available for that socket.

4. Yes you can use CrossFire or SLI on these motherboards, no problem at all.
thumb.gif

Reviews for all three motherboards:

http://www.vortez.net/articles_pages/asus_maximus_vi_formula_review,1.html --- Asus

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/6014/gigabyte-z87x-oc-force-intel-z87-motherboard-review/index.html --- Gigabyte

http://www.kitguru.net/components/motherboard/luke-hill/asrock-z87-extreme9ac-motherboard-review/ --- Asrock

CHEERS..
why you think that Formula is best? some ppl who have formula say that "im agree to trade it to gigabyte-z87x-oc-force"

and can i use that Crossfire with double X16 PCIE ? not 16-8 or 8-8 because Intel CPUs have on 1150 socket.
-Expansion Options
PCI Express Revision 3.0
PCI Express Configurations ‡ Up to 1x16, 2x8, 1x8/2x4
Max # of PCI Express Lanes 16

how that CPUs can earn 2X16? dual

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
Well that's what I think.

CrossFire and SLI require only two 8x PCIE slots, it doesn't need to be full 16x PCIE slot.

Also Asrock Z87 Extreme 9 and Gigabyte Z87X OCmotherboards that you have posted have onboard PLX chip that doubles number of PCIE lanes, so for example that Asrock Z87 Extreme 9 motherboard can run 4 graphic cards at the same toime (4 way SLI or 4 Way Crossfire X), and it can do it like this:

1 PCIE at x8
2 PCEI at x8
3 PCIE at x8
4 PCIE at x8

And even PCIE slot would be at x8 it would still support CrossFire and SLI configuratins.

Dual GPU would be :

x16 + x16,

Triple GPU woud be:

x8 + x8 + x16 PCIE.

Read this is all written in specifications of the motherboard.

Asus Maximus VI Formula does not have PLX chip and its limited to 2 way CrossFire / SLI @ x8 + x8.

CHEERS..

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Well that's what I think.

CrossFire and SLI require only two 8x PCIE slots, it doesn't need to be full 16x PCIE slot.

Also Asrock Z87 Extreme 9 and Gigabyte Z87X OCmotherboards that you have posted have onboard PLX chip that doubles number of PCIE lanes, so for example that Asrock Z87 Extreme 9 motherboard can run 4 graphic cards at the same toime (4 way SLI or 4 Way Crossfire X), and it can do it like this:

1 PCIE at x8
2 PCEI at x8
3 PCIE at x8
4 PCIE at x8

And even PCIE slot would be at x8 it would still support CrossFire and SLI configuratins.

Dual GPU would be :

x16 + x16,

Triple GPU woud be:

x8 + x8 + x16 PCIE.

Read this is all written in specifications of the motherboard.

Asus Maximus VI Formula does not have PLX chip and its limited to 2 way CrossFire / SLI @ x8 + x8.

CHEERS..
And Maximus VI Formula still better?
tongue.gif

and what about this http://ark.intel.com/products/75123/Intel-Core-i7-4770K-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-3_90-GHz?q=4770
Expansion Options
PCI Express Revision 3.0
PCI Express Configurations ‡ Up to 1x16, 2x8, 1x8/2x4
Max # of PCI Express Lanes 16

does not this mean That I7 4770 cant read Dual GPU x16 - x16 ? only X16-X8? and that motherboard have DUAL x16 x16 dont understand why if my CPU cant read it

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
Yes CPU has only 16 PCIE lanes (x16) but for CrossFire and SLI setups graphic card needs only 8x, so CPU can run TWO graphic cards at x8 + x8 mode.

So your CPU has 16x PCIE = 2x 8 PCIE = SLI and CrossFire.

There's no performance difference between 16x and 8x PCIE, GPU would work fine in both slots.

Asrock and Gigabyte motherboards that you want have additional PLX chip that gives more PCIE lanes, so that you can run 4 grapnic cards at 8x +8x +8x +8x configuration (you would get 8x +8x from CPU directly, and 8x + 8x from PLX chip on the motherboard).

CHEERS..

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Yes CPU has only 16 PCIE lanes (x16) but for CrossFire and SLI setups graphic card needs only 8x, so CPU can run TWO graphic cards at x8 + x8 mode.

So your CPU has 16x PCIE = 2x 8 PCIE = SLI and CrossFire.

There's no performance difference between 16x and 8x PCIE, GPU would work fine in both slots.

Asrock and Gigabyte motherboards that you want have additional PLX chip that gives more PCIE lanes, so that you can run 4 grapnic cards at 8x +8x +8x +8x configuration (you would get 8x +8x from CPU directly, and 8x + 8x from PLX chip on the motherboard).

CHEERS..
ah now understand. thenx . i can buy Asrock Z87 extreme9/ac this for 160$ used like a new with all accessories and everything.
what you think can i buy better motherboard? if i buy motherboard on ebay. its must not be more than 155$ because after it added Custom 18% and its means +29$. 160+29$. + shiping to georgia its some 10$ and im taking it on the place for 200$.
so im looking max 155$ bid. can i buy better mother than it is?
Asrock Z87 extreme9/ac this motherboard is in my city for 160$.

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonjovi View Post

ah now understand. thenx . i can buy Asrock Z87 extreme9/ac this for 160$ used like a new with all accessories and everything.
what you think can i buy better motherboard? if i buy motherboard on ebay. its must not be more than 155$ because after it added Custom 18% and its means +29$. 160+29$. + shiping to georgia its some 10$ and im taking it on the place for 200$.
so im looking max 155$ bid. can i buy better mother than it is?
Asrock Z87 extreme9/ac this motherboard is in my city for 160$.
If you can get that Asrock Z87 Extreme9 in your city for 160$ then take it, it's a good motherboard for everything that you would do with it.
thumb.gif

CHEERS..

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

If you can get that Asrock Z87 Extreme9 in your city for 160$ then take it, it's a good motherboard for everything that you would do with it.
thumb.gif

CHEERS..
yea i think ill take it but just one moment is there
biggrin.gif
its so ugly
biggrin.gif

1 - 9 of 9 Posts