Originally Posted by lokster
imo best game ever! no other game has got acrobatic movements, free roam climb anywhere and assassinate people for fun! its worth it 20$
graphics are eye bleeding great. very very good port. actually better than the ps3! graphics wise
also story is deep and really a conspiracy,
bad points of it though is that its like a novel, the lengthy cutscenes, poor exit of game mechanics and sometimes buggy movement. meh worth it imo, nothings perfect. but assassins creed is awesome
Summed up my opinion perfectly.
1. I really enjoyed finding the most "efficient" way to jump my way from one objective to the next, 3D platforming at its greatest.
2. There are actually a lot of ways to kill people... and a lot of moves to master. As someone said, it's impossible to die once you learn to counter, but that's only with the longsword. I played through most of the game (except the really tough boss battle at the end--in which I died even with the sword, haha) with my dagger. I think that it's more fun because the kill animations are way cooler and more varied, in addition to taking a bit more skill to master (it's actually pretty tough to counter with the dagger, your timing has to be right, you can't just hold down the button like with the sword).
3. THROWING KNIVES!!!
4. Really sharp graphics, buildings looked great (faces not so much, but I didn't really mind as long as the environment was nice).
5. Diving from a viewpoint is one of the most fun things in the game (aside from climbing, parkour-ing, and assassinating)--one time I actually became nauseated. One of those "wow" moments in gaming.
1. Takes a bit of time to master the dagger, and otherwise the game is pretty plain with the sword.
2. Storyline was... wait, there was one? It was pretty bad, but to be honest I didn't buy this game for the story. I stood agape at the ending though, it was rather bad. Later I looked up about the messages on the wall, and it turns out that the stuff in the ending actually tied in pretty much every conspiracy, ancient culture, and myth there is, leaving it up to anyone's guess what the sequels will be like (where? who? when?). After looking it up, I thought it was actually pretty good, but it should be more obvious.
Sorry, gotta go, can't finish the cons... but for $20, go for it without hesitation.
|anyone have a game to compare it to. I just see the jumping around to being something like Tomb Raider, but better. is that close?|
I tried the Underworld demo and was extremely disappointed. I think the Zero Punctuation review compared it to Prince of Persia, but never played it so can't say.