Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Tired
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I installed my friends copy of Assualt on Dark Athena on my PC (listed below).

The installation itself went fine, but when I try to start the game, it says it needs to install a driver, and that I have to have admin privlages to do so. I of course am a admin on my computer so I just click continue. But everytime I do so, the following message pops up.

(Unable to Proceed (Error 1275) )

and I get a message in the Taskbar saying that the driver is causing stabilty issues, and therefore had to be turned off.I click OK and then another message pops up saying

"Insufficent Privilages;you must be an admin when you run this application for the first time"

I click OK after that, and nothing happens, I just see my desktop. Help? I tried "running the application as an admin." (the Assualt on Dark Athena executable ) but that doesn't work, and something about that message from the taskbar is a little weird.

·
3DFX User
7,279 Posts
Sounds like console portitis. Did you install off steam?

• Rep+
Reactions: HarbingerOfLive

·
Tired
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk777th View Post
Sounds like console portitis. Did you install off steam?
No, my friend had the actual game, not a steam download.

Also I was able to nail what Driver it was, it was a TAGES Protection Driver by TAGES SA........

·
Banned
4,341 Posts
hrmmmmm. i have that installed on my computer at the moment. no issues with mine. i have win 7 x64 also.

i would suggest the official forums for that fix, im sure other people would have had it, and you already tried the obvious fixes.

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
if its a stability issue, try removing your OC and running stock and installing it.
if it installs, test amke sure all is good
if its all good, turn your OC back on and see if its still all good
if it is, you're all set.

• Rep+
Reactions: HarbingerOfLive

·
Tired
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all of your answers guys, I was able to resolve the issue another way however. The driver that came with the disk was one that wasn't quite compatible with my PC, I simpily just downloaded a newer version of the driver, and it worked! Thanks again

+REP to all of you for being nice

1 - 6 of 6 Posts