Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im having this kind of dilemma right here, im thinking of buying a new gaming headset.
Now, im currently using Siberia V2, and after long gaming sessions like 3-4 hrs, its starting to burn in my ears. Bec. it tends to get hot in my area.

Now, im currently thinking of what headset to buy, now my list is this: (well not limited to this, just my top choices as of now, and its availability in my area)

Astro A40 / A50
Sennheiser G4ME One
Siberia Elite
Tritton 720+

or suggest a good headphone and a mic perhaps.

Maybe some of you guys have an experience with this products, let me know.

I have a soundcard, Asus Xonar Essence ST, what i wanted is a 7.1 headset and does give quite a comfort when playing long gaming sessions. (3++hours a day)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Can't say much about these headsets but I had the Tritton pros for 2 1/2 years! My friends had the 720s and the quality was great it just wasn't as true as my pros. I gamed for hours ... 4/5 hours so I can say they are comfortable. After that amount of time naturally your ears do get sweaty haha. They lived through getting trapped under the computer chair 24/7 and other wear and tare. Just my experience with their brand if that helps.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thumb.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post

Can't say much about these headsets but I had the Tritton pros for 2 1/2 years! My friends had the 720s and the quality was great it just wasn't as true as my pros. I gamed for hours ... 4/5 hours so I can say they are comfortable. After that amount of time naturally your ears do get sweaty haha. They lived through getting trapped under the computer chair 24/7 and other wear and tare. Just my experience with their brand if that helps.
well thanks for this response man, i appreciate it alot.
well i get trapped in my computer too haha, so im thinking of getting a comfortable and good sounding headset for gaming.

does the tritton pros have the 7.1 box? idk what its called,
wink.gif
)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bump

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
neither to be honest. the Sennheiser G4ME One is probably going to be the better headset but it cost too much money. I would just buy a Sennheiser HD518 and Blue Snowball or Audio Technica ATR2500 with a pop filter instead.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee1980 View Post

if you're willing to spend $349 on the Sennheiser G4ME One you should think about buying the Sennheiser HD600.

edit: typos
well, the main purpose of me buying is just for games actually, not really an audiophile or something like that, i just want a comfortable and good sounding headset with a good price, and this one was on the list i have since this were the top gaming headsets i found so far.

a friend told me sennheiser was good but with the price, im having doubts, and it has little features, it just have a detachable mic and a volume knob at the sides, compared to the others in my list which has some pretty good features. but if the sound is good, and pretty much comfortable for gaming around 5 hours or so, then thats a good buy for me.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayaname View Post

well, the main purpose of me buying is just for games actually, not really an audiophile or something like that, i just want a comfortable and good sounding headset with a good price, and this one was on the list i have since this were the top gaming headsets i found so far.

a friend told me sennheiser was good but with the price, im having doubts, and it has little features, it just have a detachable mic and a volume knob at the sides, compared to the others in my list which has some pretty good features. but if the sound is good, and pretty much comfortable for gaming around 5 hours or so, then thats a good buy for me.
Sennheiser Gaming headsets use the HD5xx drivers and USB condenser microphones like the Blue Snowball or Audio Technica ATR2500 are better quality than dynamic boom mics.

The Sennheiser HD600 ($399) is light weight and very comfortable. the ear cups are large and made out of soft velour. the headphone is open back so your ears never get hot. I can wear my Sennheiser HD600 headphones for 12 hours without problems.

put that sound card to good use
smile.gif

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee1980 View Post

Sennheiser Gaming headsets use the HD5xx drivers and USB condenser microphones like the Blue Snowball or Audio Technica ATR2500 are better quality than dynamic boom mics.

The Sennheiser HD600 ($399) is light weight and very comfortable. the ear cups are large and made out of soft velour. the headphone is open back so your ears never get hot. I can wear my Sennheiser HD600 headphones for 12 hours without problems.

put that sound card to good use
smile.gif

haha the sound card.. yeah thats why im looking for the analog stuff. coz as of now, my siberia v2 is usb so i cant maximize the usage of my sound card...
does that mean if its open back you can hear noises from the outside? haven't really tried using one

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Quote:

haha the sound card.. yeah thats why im looking for the analog stuff. coz as of now, my siberia v2 is usb so i cant maximize the usage of my sound card...
does that mean if its open back you can hear noises from the outside? haven't really tried using one
yes.

·
Premium Member
8,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RushiMP View Post

Since you seem to be in the price range I can also recommend these:

Beyerdynamics MX300. They are essentially DT 880s with a nice mic.
They're actually the same as the DT770's but without a mic.

This is the same headset, just under a different branding. The MMX300 is an absolute rip-off.
http://www.qpad.com/products/headsets/QH-1339/

If you're interested in either headset then to be honest I'd just buy DT770's and buy a seperate mic, it will still be quite a bit cheaper and you'll end up with a better quality mic.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twerk View Post

This is the same headset, just under a different branding. The MMX300 is an absolute rip-off.

If you're interested in either headset then to be honest I'd just buy DT770's and buy a seperate mic, it will still be quite a bit cheaper and you'll end up with a better quality mic.
Sorry DT 770s with a Mic. LOL.

I like mine, high quality, good isolation, neutral sound, not overly boomy. But they are overpriced.

·
Premium Member
8,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RushiMP View Post

Sorry DT 770s with a Mic. LOL.

I like mine, high quality, good isolation, neutral sound, not overly boomy. But they are overpriced.
Yeah, it's the best headset on the market but they are essentially charging you an extra £165.80 (£101.99 for the QPAD) for a mediocre mic, which is just unacceptable.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Quote:

Yeah, it's the best headset on the market but they are essentially charging you an extra £165.80 (£101.99 for the QPAD) for a mediocre mic, which is just unacceptable.
Agreed, there are much better headphones, just not headsets. I thought about modding one with a custom mic, but decided I just wanted to get on with it. Plus for me, its a business expense, and the Philips mic I normally uses costs twice as much anyway.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I have the G4ME One headset. Just got it. Reason being that I wanted the simplicity of a built in mic and the sound of my HD 598s that I had been using. Didn't hurt that Sennheiser had sale going on and I got them for $177 instead of the full retail price. I am very happy with the purchase.

In my opinion, if you really care about the sound quality, have the budget, and don't want to deal with a separate mic, the G4ME One is a great headset. Definitely not the best value at full price. If you want value, get a standalone headphone and modmic or some other mic. Checkout this head-fi thread on headphone review use for gaming.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-update-3-12-2014-monster-dna-on-ear-added

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have the Astro A40 and the Senheisser G4ME Zero and I could definitely hear a difference between them both, the sound on the Sennheiser is a lot clearer, they weight less than the Astros and are a lot more comfortable to wear for long periods of time since the ear cups are bigger and they do not clamp down on your head as much as the Astros.

If im not mistaken the G4ME Zero and the G4ME one use the same drivers, the only difference is that the Zero are a closed
Quote:

So im having this kind of dilemma right here, im thinking of buying a new gaming headset.
Now, im currently using Siberia V2, and after long gaming sessions like 3-4 hrs, its starting to burn in my ears. Bec. it tends to get hot in my area.

Now, im currently thinking of what headset to buy, now my list is this: (well not limited to this, just my top choices as of now, and its availability in my area)

Astro A40 / A50
Sennheiser G4ME One
Siberia Elite
Tritton 720+

or suggest a good headphone and a mic perhaps.

Maybe some of you guys have an experience with this products, let me know.

I have a soundcard, Asus Xonar Essence ST, what i wanted is a 7.1 headset and does give quite a comfort when playing long gaming sessions. (3++hours a day)
I have both the Astro A40 and the Sennheisser G4ME Zero, the Sennheissers are a lot more comfortable to wear for longer periods of time since the cans are bigger than the Astro A40s , they weight less and clamp on your head less than the Astros.

If i'm not mistaken the G4ME Zero and the G4ME One use the same drivers and the only difference is that the Zero are a closed design unlike the One that are ported.

I also noticed a big difference in sound between the Astros and the Sennheiser when i hooked both up to my Creative ZxR sound card, even in ventrilo. As soon as someone spoke there was a big difference in clarity and crisper sound coming from the Sennheisers.

Also, if you go to Sennheisers US store they currently running a 25% discount on both the G4ME Zero and G4ME One, hope this helps.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I own both the A40 and the A50 and I would recommend staying away from the A50 unless they've corrected the auto-timeout where the battery turns off after 10 to 15 minutes of idle time. Other than that, the two are fairly similar with the A40 being a bit lighter in weight and more comfortable than the A50s in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Quote:

Takstar is the OEM for QPAD and Takstar headphones/headsets not Beyerdynamic.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts