Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Asus EAH3850 card with an annoying problem. If you boot the comp with an lcd attached to the dvi port, it wont show video until windows boots. If i hook up a crt(vga analog) it will show post text and all. Is the card defective? I put in a spare 4650 that i had lying around and it worked fine with dvi hooked up. Is there something that i can do to fix this or is the card done?

·
Premium Member
36,139 Posts
Some cards have a primary display port. And it sounds like the primary port on your card is either the VGA connection you're using. Or the converted DVI port. Whichever it is.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The card has two dvi outs with converters for analog/hdmi. I have tried both with no difference. I'm thinking this card wight have been bad from the start.

·
Master of Black Snow
19,338 Posts
Have you tried to do a Bios update for the Card?

It may have a problem but if it runs just fine in Windows, you may only need a Bios update to fix the issue.

~Ceadder

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcharlesr75
View Post

The card has two dvi outs with converters for analog/hdmi. I have tried both with no difference. I'm thinking this card wight have been bad from the start.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah Asus is no help there. I dont think there is a flash for this card i have looked. Ive been using the computer more and it has studdery playback with blue-rays and sometimes makes an hdcp error.

·
Premium Member
10,851 Posts
I think this depends on the monitor.

For example, if I use the VGA input on my monitor I don't get to see anything until it loads into Windows. However if I use HDMI input, it works fine.

I tried it from the DVI port too for both. Like I used DVI to VGA adapter and also DVI to HDMI adapter. So the problem isn't on the port, maybe it's the connection type or monitor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts