Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i noticed when i'm on desk top the core clock is at 157 and the memory clock is 300. is there away to see what it is when your gaming? i would like to know for sure that is running the way its suppost to. i'm sure i would be able to tell if it wasn't right?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
MSI Afterburner will tell you the clocks while gaming.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
would i have to modify anything to run this with my asus 5850? i've really been wanting to check that out.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
You will have enable the settings in Afterburner so the clocks will show up on the OSD but nothing besides that.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
i can tell you one thing if it were running at idle clocks you will definitely notice it. those bugged idle clocks can't handle dual monitors.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ez12a View Post
i can tell you one thing if it were running at idle clocks you will definitely notice it. those bugged idle clocks can't handle dual monitors.
True. 157/300 can't even handle my desktop.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok, i got it downloaded and running. i am very impressed with it. wish i would have dl'ed it sooner. i can see the full performance of my card now. but is there away to make the card not down clock at all?

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Why don't u let it down-clock when not in use? It saves power and stuffs
. Otherwise, if you want, you can make a profile in AfterBurner with custom idle clocks.

·
Premium Member
14,038 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by toyz72
View Post

ok, i got it downloaded and running. i am very impressed with it. wish i would have dl'ed it sooner. i can see the full performance of my card now. but is there away to make the card not down clock at all?

TTBOMK, the only way is to mod the bios using RBE and flash your modded bios to the card with upped 2D clocks. If you poke around the forums at techpowerup.com (where RBE is hosted) you should be able to find some info.

Here's an old thread over there I participated in a while back ... where I think the subject of changing default 2d clocks was discussed:

RBE, tried on 5850 -- No harm done, but didn't recognize driver. Ideas? - techPowerUp! Forums

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Quote:

View Post

There is. Open CCC and go into Options > Profile > Profile Manager. Create a new profile select the "all Catalyst Control Center settings, then Activate & Close.
Now go into C:\\Users\\AkatsukiKira\\AppData\\Local\\ATI\\ACE\ \Profiles and open your new profile.xml with notepad
Find the following lines

Code:
Code:
        <Feature name="CoreClockTarget_0">
          <Property name="Want_0" value="x" />
          <Property name="Want_1" value="x" />
          <Property name="Want_2" value="72500" />
        </Feature>
        <Feature name="MemoryClockTarget_0">
          <Property name="Want_2" value="100000" />
        </Feature>
        <Feature name="CoreVoltageTarget_0">
          <Property name="Want_2" value="1088" />
And change them all to your desired clocks. Want_0 is 2d clock. Want_1 is low power 3d and Want_2 is high power 3d.

Now save and activate the profile once again in CCC. And you're done.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i just wanted to know in case i decide to try 2 or 3 monitors some time in the future. i noticed you guys said it couldn't handle your set ups. i run a 28'' monitor and have no problems.

one more thing i noticed though.i guessing i cant control shader clocks?

the msi tool is awsome. it let me know my card is powering up the way it should. now the only thing to do is let the drivers mature. running beta 10.3 now.

·
Administrator
64,326 Posts
Quote:

View Post

i just wanted to know in case i decide to try 2 or 3 monitors some time in the future. i noticed you guys said it couldn't handle your set ups. i run a 28'' monitor and have no problems.

one more thing i noticed though.i guessing i cant control shader clocks?

the msi tool is awsome. it let me know my card is powering up the way it should. now the only thing to do is let the drivers mature. running beta 10.3 now.

10.4 drivers are suppose to remedy the flickering issue. No you cannot adjust shader clocks for the ATI cards

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Shader clocks run at the same clocks as the core, can't change it I'm afraid.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chranny
View Post

Shader clocks run at the same clocks as the core, can't change it I'm afraid.

thats something i can live with. thx,you guys always have all the answers.
and i always seem to learn something on the way.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts