Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I overclocked my 5850 earlier to 900/1185. Did a stability test for artifacts for 30 mins, then ran benchmarks... Played games most of the day, and there were no problems/crashes.

I can't get it past 900/1185 without increasing the voltage at this point... I've tried, believe me.

My card isn't like a full reference card, so MSI doesn't allow voltage adjustments, but Asus Smart Doctor is letting me.

It says the voltage is currently 1.18v... What kind of increments should I raise it in and test again? Also, what voltage should I stop at if let's say temps aren't a problem.

Cheers.

·
Registered
446 Posts
With stock coolers I would only raise the voltage by 0.1v above stock. With my EAH5870V2 with stock coolers, it was hitting high 80s at 1.218v (it has the same stock vcore as the 5850s). Even with fans at 100%, furmark just destroys the card in heat.
I now have my card under water, and it has no problems sitting at 1.35v.

·
Banned
6,565 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Show4Pro View Post
With stock coolers I would only raise the voltage by 0.1v above stock. With my EAH5870V2 with stock coolers, it was hitting high 80s at 1.218v (it has the same stock vcore as the 5850s). Even with fans at 100%, furmark just destroys the card in heat.
I now have my card under water, and it has no problems sitting at 1.35v.
So, what is your final oc?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts