Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is their enough room to run 2 graphics cards with artic coolers on them and a creative lab extreme sound card? Or is their only enough room for 2 graphics cards with stock coolers and a sound card?

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
I only have one graphics card (with an Arctic Silencer on it) in but there is easily enough room left for 2 PCI devices if I put a second in.

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
If the silencers only cover 1-1.5 PCI slots you should be fine. My A8N-SLI Deluxe would allow me to have 2 6600GT's (stock coolers) with my sound card, a bracket containing extra USB ports and a switch for my cold cathodes.

if you're willing to put your sound card on the bottom pci slot you should fit no probs

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
theirs no disadvantage in putting the sound card at the bottom pci slot is their? If their aint, no probs at all. Asus here I come

ABIT ----------> ASUS

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
no, as long as you have some air movement through your case and your card isn't going to get really hot

·
Registered
59 Posts
The Deulex and Premium Versions of the series are nice and spacious, the A8N32-SLi on the other hand is a bit lacking in that department.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
HOLD THE PHONE!! I have an A8N-SLI Deluxe with two 6600GT's with the AC silencer on each of them, my Audigy 2 ZS is in the furthest slot, leaving one PCI slot left between the 2nd 6600GT and the sound card. The cooler does slightly overlap that PCI slot at the very end where the cooler "bloats" up for the fan. If you have a card longer than the slot I do not think it will fit right next to the card with the cooler.
I am just noticing this becuase i recently got the Audigy 2 ZS and have a HDTV tuner card on the way, and i am worried about it fitting now. I'm afraid something is going to have to give.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts