Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a BT tha tI got for christmas and I want to mount it on my mobo. Well I was looking over the installation manual and it showed two different ways to mount it on the board, one way was to use the plate on the back of the mobo and one where it didn't have the plate. I tried to gently pull the plate off, but it wouldn't come off so I didn't force it. My question to you guys is, should I take the plate off and use the two that came with the cooler, or should I leave the plate on and install it that way? I also by confusion got a ninja, don't ask how that happened, it's very complicated, would the ninja with a fm121 be better than a BT with the same fan on it? Thanks guys

Jacob

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
you should use the mount that came with it to ensure a proper fit.the mount on the back of your board will take a little elbow grease to remove it is most ikely held on by double sided tape. you could use a razor blade but you will have to make extra sure to keep it very flat..

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ehhhh, I am a little uneasy about taking a razor the back of my mobo, I might need to keep it on. The installation guide showed the first installation with the backplate on that came with the mobo and another without it on. Both plates look strong, but the BT's is solid metal, and the stock one is bent metal. So I think I am not going to worry about it and use the stocker. Another not, how tight do I tighten the screws?

Jacob

·
Registered
485 Posts
I had an A8V Deluxe and a BT before, just leave the backplate on! Works like a charm. The backplate that comes with the BT is actually for motherboards that doesn't come with one. (AthlonXP boards) Enjoy your BT man.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by SHaCK View Post
I had an A8V Deluxe and a BT before, just leave the backplate on! Works like a charm. The backplate that comes with the BT is actually for motherboards that doesn't come with one. (AthlonXP boards) Enjoy your BT man.
I heard yah man, she's pretty sweet. My proc is running 35C idle @ 2.48ghz, I just have to find the magic voltage for her and then I should be able to overclock more, also I still have a little more fine tuning to do. On another note, every boot I get a message that looks for a fastrack BIOS, it has to search my hdd's and all, it only takes like 10 secs, but I know that's 10 secs that I can boot faster.

Jacob

·
Registered
485 Posts
Go in your bios, i think it's under "Integrated periphical" and disable IDE Fast Track controller (Or isn't it "Promise raid controller" ?) something along those lines. 10secs is actually a lot IMO

·
Registered
485 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakg
View Post

why did you buy a BT when you have a mobo with a VIA chipset? VIA chipsets REALLY dont overclock!

Don't worry, he'll want a DFI very soon

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakg
View Post

why did you buy a BT when you have a mobo with a VIA chipset? VIA chipsets REALLY dont overclock!

It all comes in time. Yeah, I knew VIA chipsets don't overclock, haha, but I said what the heck and I got a good bit of money for x-mas and I am looking on ebay for a good DFI, but I am just now realizing how expernsive it will be to upgrade, it just won't be a new mobo, it will be new RAM and a new video card, and being as young as I am, I don't have a job
, so ya, money is limited. Darn I wish chipsets where interchangable, lol, because I have an old ASUS Socket A mobo with nvidia chipsets! Ohh yeah, the stocker heatsink wasn't cooling my cpu well. Mabye I will be able to get my grandpa to give me the video card! Or even let me use it and pay it off when I ge the money. Well wish me luck in a DFI purchase!

Jacob

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
The VIA 800Pro chipset can OC, it does have the ability to lock the PCI/AGP.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Duke
View Post

The VIA 800Pro chipset can OC, it does have the ability to lock the PCI/AGP.

There is some rumors/reviews saying that the PCI/AGP lock actually doesn't work like it should on the A8V...

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SHaCK
View Post

There is some rumors/reviews saying that the PCI/AGP lock actually doesn't work like it should on the A8V...

Yes, it's known to be tempermantal, apparently they got it right with the 880 chipset.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Haha, well I think I will retire her and join everyone else with a LANPARTY!!!!! Mabye if I can get An opteron I can put the Athlon on the A8v and I can get some RAM and make me a folding rig.

Jacob

1 - 14 of 14 Posts