Overclock.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a red set of SATA ports and I know they're for raid, but I wanted to know if I could also use them as regular ports.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I would say no, but I'm not totally sure, I think that is why they have the 2 black ones right above it for standard SATA, 1 for a HDD and the other for an Optical Drive, because if you have 2 or more SATA HDDs there's no reason not to do RAID. and if you have a 3rd drive you stick that into the regular SATA (black) port

I have 4 SATA Ports (black) and 4 RAID controllers (red) anbd I'm pretty sure that's what they need to be used for

Go into the BIOS and turn off or disable the RAID controllers and connect a HDD and see if it shows, if not then you know it cant be used as one. I dont see why they would have both on there if they could be interchangeable because why not make all the SATA ports have a controller to either be RAID or non-RAID

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I wanted to know becuase on my Sata channel, I have my Optical CD-Burner, and one of my hard drives, I'm about to buy another hard drive and I didn't want to have to take the cd-burner out.

^^Bump

1 - 4 of 4 Posts