Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can not change DRAM voltage in the bios, when i set it to 1.35 volt - after restart it still stay on 1.2 v on BIOS. Perhaps is a Mainboard Bug.....my bios is up to date (2423). I can not get over 1.20 volt. DOCP not works.

Bios Flashback, clear cmos....reset battery, change ram, change psu....etc...nothing helps......

Miniatura de Adjuntos M
Font Line Screenshot Software Technology
Font Line Screenshot Software Multimedia
iniatura de Adjuntos

·
Cheesebumps!!
2,848 Posts
since you enabled DOCP the voltage will be constantly on whatever profile you loaded up..disable DOCP and manually tune your RAM frequency and timings (needs a higher level of familiarity with the Ryzen Platform, as this is very tedious and time consuming), you should be able to change the voltages higher/lower, I own the same board running the same BIOS update and I have no issues..

Regarding the timings, if you have GDM enabled (Gear Down Mode) then it will only accept even values (multiples of 2) you can only set them to whatever value (including Odd number values) when you Disable GDM, BUT!! (a big but!!) beware, that this entails a huge amount of time to tune to be stable (most likely would depend on your processor's silicon quality and your RAM's Overclocking capability as well)..

If you are unfamiliar with how RAM tuning goes with AMD Ryzen platforms you may want to have a look around here for some tutorials and tips on various threads that are discussing memory overclocking.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
since you enabled DOCP the voltage will be constantly on whatever profile you loaded up..disable DOCP and manually tune your RAM frequency and timings (needs a higher level of familiarity with the Ryzen Platform, as this is very tedious and time consuming), you should be able to change the voltages higher/lower, I own the same board running the same BIOS update and I have no issues..

Regarding the timings, if you have GDM enabled (Gear Down Mode) then it will only accept even values (multiples of 2) you can only set them to whatever value (including Odd number values) when you Disable GDM, BUT!! (a big but!!) beware, that this entails a huge amount of time to tune to be stable (most likely would depend on your processor's silicon quality and your RAM's Overclocking capability as well)..

If you are unfamiliar with how RAM tuning goes with AMD Ryzen platforms you may want to have a look around here for some tutorials and tips on various threads that are discussing memory overclocking.
kairi.....on your motherboard...under dram voltage......on the left side...is there 1.20 V fixed ?????

·
Cheesebumps!!
2,848 Posts
kairi.....on your motherboard...under dram voltage......on the left side...is there 1.20 V fixed ?????
nope..I tuned my ram manually, I never used DOCP long term..I am currently running 1.475v now on my DRAM..I just changed to a new kit yesterday so I resetted CMOS and manually tuned my setup again, I never had that issue of yours, only time I saw that behaviour was when I 1st fired up my build and just checked if RAM XMP profile was compatible with Ryzen

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
do you have another set of RAM's you can test with??if DOCP loads up and your voltages changed to 1.3/1.35v then it works..
yes, I also tried it with a crucial 3600 --- not works....the volt is ever on 1.20......it is definitely a voltage problem...........

·
Registered
220 Posts
Smarty,
I got the same board.
When you set the DOCP to manual and change the dram voltage, then hit F10 to save,
Does it show dram voltage original value and new value before committing the change?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Smarty,
I got the same board.
When you set the DOCP to manual and change the dram voltage, then hit F10 to save,
Does it show dram voltage original value and new value before committing the change?
i have set all to manual.....i can't get over 1.20 volt....ram tuning with 1.20 volt....:) impossible......
my ram works with slow timings....believe me...it is a defective mainboard

·
Registered
220 Posts
I do believe you. Just hoping there was some way to save you going through an RMA. :)

If it's not saving the dram voltage or not applying the new voltage on boot up (reverting to default), then I wonder if there are other settings in the Bios that have this issue.

It seems weird to have one setting not being applied and that not being a common fault of the boards. In that case, it does indicate hardware to me, but I am not a hardware guy.

Good luck with the RMA. (y)

·
Registered
963 Posts
Me too do not have this problem, 1.4V works fine in the latest bios. HyperX with Hynix DJR.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have an ASUS B350 board that does this from time to time. Clearing CMOS usually fixes it, and once I had to re-flash the BIOS. It never happened until after I started running 4 dual-rank modules in the machine.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Thats what you expect unless you own the most expensive chipset
Otherwise you have fully customized bios and an overclocking team

1 - 20 of 22 Posts