Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently built my computer & I've had it running before, then I installed a Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme liquid cooling system, after installation I have not been able to get the computer to boot up, everything starts up like normal (fans & lights) except for the water cooler, it doesn't power up (fans & pump) & it abruptly shuts off after a few seconds. I've done it enough times to notice that the Q-code reader spends an unusual amount of time (in comparison to the rest) on the code O.C. then it changes to F.F. & shuts down immediately.

All the wires pertaining to the water cooler are plugged in correctly, does anyone have any useful ideas?

Next to the 24-pin plug I have 1 RED LED that lights up at a time when I try to start.
The first LED has the letter LEDVGA, & then it shuts off & DRAM lights up quickly just before the system shuts down
LEDVGA
DRAM

All the information I know for the processor & RAM are on these 2 pages
Processor: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113284
RAM: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007611%20600083963&IsNodeId=1&Description=CORSAIR%20Dominator%20Platinum&name=32GB%20%284%20x%208GB%29&Order=BESTMATCH&SecondSearch=1

When I purchased the RAM it said it was DDR3 2400, once I installed it though I didn't mess with overclocking & it was set at 1333

Last 4 digits on the sticker for bios are 1101

Specs of the computer:

~Nothing has been Overclocked~

Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z

Processor: AMD FX-8350 Vishera 4.0-4.2GHz

RAM/Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB

Graphics Card: EVGA Nvidia GTX 660 Ti (3GB DDR5)

Harddrive: Samsung 256GB SSD
Western Digital 500 GB HDD

Power Supply: Rosewill 1300w Lightning Series

Cooling System: Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme liquid cooling (2x120mm) fans blowing out
(2x120mm) fans intake (1x120mm) exhaust fan (these fans were supplied with the case) & GSkill FTV-3500 (2x50mm) fanRAM Cooler

Case: Cooler Master Storm Stryker

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Hi

so you have had it working before, I assume it is with the same RAM and GPU's, first thing that comes to mind id to make sure you are using the top red PCI-e slot and the one that is just above the bottom one. also check the molex connector for the PCI-e slots is plugged in.

you could try memOk function in case the memory has changed settings.

Do you think you may have had a short with water from the cooler after you installed it?

I would also try updating the bios to the latest version see if that makes a difference. Man this problem seems unusual, Maybe check the seating of the water system as the CPU might be overheating which is causing it to shut down.

That's really all I can think of

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wish I knew, all I did was unscrew the radiator, take a look at what was behind it making sure everything was plugged in right & then screwed it back into place....
I didn't unplug anything. that's literally all I did

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Had I not checked the wires before hand, I would have thought the same thing.

I checked the wires, tried starting it, had the exact same problem... I then removed the radiator to check connections behind it (didn't touch, just looked) screwed the radiator back in place & turned it on.... & it worked

1 - 7 of 7 Posts