1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Not new to overclock.net
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I just put together the new rig today

asus crosshair 5 formula
amd 1100t
gskill 1600mhz cl6 ram (defaulting to cl9 for now)
139g samsung 10k rpm hard drive (cleaned off with kill disk from past build)
1t storage drive

I started the bootup, all seemed to go well, so I go out to get some brews during the install.

I come back, and its sitting on a windows screen saying "the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. windows install cannot proceed. to install windows, click ok to restart computer, then restart the install"

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
And prior to kill disk it was all working perfectly yes?

·
Not new to overclock.net
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes or as much as I could tell on the surface. No issues at all. its just stuck in this loop.

I also just got a bsod of 0x0000001A ***?

·
Not new to overclock.net
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay so it seems every time I get a bsod its a new error. I have seen "bad pool header" and something about "memory management". I have ran several hours of memtest on my old 1333 sticks, which I am now using in place of the new 1600mhz gskill sticks for the time being just to rule that out. any thoughts? is it a f-ed up hard drive? Also something wierd- I have a usb keyboard but a wireless usb mouse. To complete the windows install I absolutely had to have a wired mouse, or else it would continue to restart mid-windows install. could this be driver-related? What are the stock voltages I should put the 1100t and nb, ram, etc on, just to be sure?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, man I had the same issue more of less with my board. I get a random BSOD and read write issues to the HDD and from DVDs.
I narrowed it down to an issue with the SATA controller. so I RMAed it.
if your having these kind of issues, I would say call ASUS, they have a program going on for this board, as it's seems to be having a lot of issues.
they just seems to be in short stock of the board tho.

on thing I would try is to update the BIOS, it might fix your issues. I've read other places it works for some people. I know after the update though there were a few issues with it. my system would restart if I tried to get into the voltage monitor area of the bios. and everything else on my board worked great except for the sata controller. I think I got about 10-15 differnt BSODs in windows 7 down to XP in all diffent versions of the OS. and it also failed in an install of Arch.

I know you posted this a while ago, but I thought it might help if you havn't found a fix for it yet.

·
OG AMD
9,023 Posts
Sounds like a RAM issues-I would set timings manually and increase the voltage(especially if you are using Gskill ECO's or low-voltage kits).A small bump on the CPU/NB might help as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.