Overclock.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i am rocking the latest bios (1701 i think) for my CHVF mobo and i am wanting to know if anyone has tried using the bios from the CHVF-Z mobo on theirs with any success? My mobo is the original and the last bios update was in 2012 when they dropped the Z variant which as far as i can tell is the same board with a few little tweaks and a "WINDOWS 8 READY" sticker slapped on the box. The Z bios was updated earlier this year and i was just wondering if anyone had given it a shot or if AMD said it was cool or not. Thanks

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea thanks for the help... btw i forgot to update my rig... some of my pics are old too... Same setup but i actually dropped a fx-8350 in it a long while back... but still probably doesnt change much...

just REALLY want to hit 5Ghz stable on the cpu... been a long time goal. Had it at like 95% stable with 4.7Ghz for a long while but could never get it up. Plus my ram is set native to 2133Mhz so i keep the fsb up anyways to hold the ram their. I am pretty sure i have to cooling capabilities just not sure how to get it to stay happy an stable.

Let alone i do not have like 10 hours to dedicate to the overclocking either

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will give that a try but i am running a 240mm rad all-in-one loops so i am not really sure what my max ceiling is as way of cpu voltage but your right about that 4.7Ghz. Like i said it was mostly stable their.

One other question if i may, So like i said i ran that 4.7 stable for a long while with all 4 dimms running 2133 with a tiny touch OV on the ram. But when i dropped my 2x HD6950's for a single R9-290X all of the sudden my 4.7 is super unstable now.

I am very curious on if my 1000W psu might not be enough. This pig of a gpu might be needing more. I was looking on newegg and the wattage calc said i should be at like 1215W... Idk, might be my problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.