Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 765 Posts

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any idea when this board will be released? reviewers have it, so the chances could be soon maybe?? I love the new option of being able to keep the "boost" ability even while setting a static OC... that option alone sold me on this board...

·
Registered
235 Posts
I asked Asus and was told You should expect to see availability possibly late this week to next week from etailers in NA

·
Registered
325 Posts
Any more input of this motherboard is welcome, I'm highly interested to go for Zen 3, and invest in good motherboard and RAM as well.

Correct me if I'm wrong, info that I catch so far - this mobo should have passive chipset cooling? 16 power phases and good VRM?

It is Daisy Chain ??

I really have to inform myself before going into purchase (have no expirience with AMD, Intel 5775C user for almost 7 years), do not want to regret anything later. What I will try is to combine best RAM with motherboard, try best FLCK, etc.

tnx

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im not 100% sure on the daisy chain mem traces, but im 99% sure it is... It further improves the original HERO VIII by improving the vrm to 90a power stages from 60a, and out of box support for 5000 series, and im sure other fine details but im not 100% Will be a solid board and I cant wait for it. I have the HERO VIII on the 3950x and it was good, this should be much better

·
Registered
903 Posts
When you get it. I wonder if the Corsair A500 would look good on it? Today's Newegg shell shocker has it for $65. They even claim it can sink 225 watts.
Z Old Crosshair VI I am using works real well with a old AM3 Cooler Master 6 pipe and one fan> I hate when they just change stuff for just because reasons.
The because part is we don't want you using older parts.

·
Registered
325 Posts

It mention passive chipset cooling.

For me, that boost even when you have OC on all cores would mean little, well.. this upgrade is big jump for me as I use old Intel 4 core cpu (but it is still good for its tasks I do now). I doubt I would notice difference of 300Mhz more on single core task. However, nice feature.

What we really have to know is it Daisy Chain or T Top. To get most out of it, we base decision of buying RAM also based on that.

·
Registered
548 Posts

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

It mention passive chipset cooling.

For me, that boost even when you have OC on all cores would mean little, well.. this upgrade is big jump for me as I use old Intel 4 core cpu (but it is still good for its tasks I do now). I doubt I would notice difference of 300Mhz more on single core task. However, nice feature.

What we really have to know is it Daisy Chain or T Top. To get most out of it, we base decision of buying RAM also based on that.
just count on it being daisy.... is there even a x570 board with t-top?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Sorry for being noobish, what RAM would you go for in each scenario?

I'm also almost noob :LOL:

But some basic things (which you can easily find around here or google it), Daisy Chain is better suited for 2 sticks, T Top. for 4.

Based on my knoweledge, 4 sticks will put more stress on IMC for sure.

And I want 32GB RAM (because I build it for me to last it a many years). So, going 4x8 or 2x16 would provide you to have four ranks (which again, from my knoweledge, is better).

I would like to use 2x16GB dual rank.

4000Mhz RAM (I hope for it on Zen 3), with best possible timings (I will invest even in higher clocked better binned RAM and underclock it, if that will enable further better timings).

But it is not all knoweledge you need to know to compose it in truly perfect way. There is still much "hidden" important details and tricks. I collect basic info for now, but for final decision I will consult with people who really know about it (or I will maybe get help on forum anyway). I'm speaking of RAM I will buy for my build, which will probably include this mobo.

This motherboar we spoke of now, seems very promision and good for me, and it should not be crazy priced like some others. Highly interested.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
325 Posts
This is what im holding out for.. Im going "Full LAZY" on my next build... Just setting PBO and XMP using the 5950x and let her rip.. done! Im over the days of tweaking an OC for 100MHZ extra.. Anyways, hold out for this ram.... G.SKILL Updates Trident Z Neo DDR4 Specs Up To DDR4-4000 CL16 16GBx2 for AMD Ryzen 5000

That is exactly what we will probably need. And it is B-Die. And B-Die have to be used on Ryzen (no only for overclocking potentional reason, there is also total another reason which provide benefit and make it easier to get higher FLCK).

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
How much of an upgrade is this over the c8 hero viii wifi. I am having difficulty justifying the extra costs to cover the upgrade (would have to resell my c8 hero wifi)

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How much of an upgrade is this over the c8 hero viii wifi. I am having difficulty justifying the extra costs to cover the upgrade (would have to resell my c8 hero wifi)
why would you buy this "DARK" if you already have its 1 year old older brother? Please dont waste your monies!

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
why would you buy this "DARK" if you already have its 1 year old older brother? Please dont waste your monies!
That's what my decision making process leads too.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Asus stated it's going to be released Nov/Dec.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Asus stated it's going to be released Nov/Dec.

So far, all info I was able to collect about it seems really nice and promising.

Only I would like to get definite info on Daisy Chain/T Topology question, to be sure for RAM purchase, for all Zen 3 build.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So far, all info I was able to collect about it seems really nice and promising.

Only I would like to get definite info on Daisy Chain/T Topology question, to be sure for RAM purchase, for all Zen 3 build.
its daisy sir

• Rep+
Reactions: adversary

·
ٴٴٴ╲⎝⧹˙͜>˙⧸⎠╱
6,463 Posts
Anyone have any idea when this board will be released? reviewers have it, so the chances could be soon maybe?? I love the new option of being able to keep the "boost" ability even while setting a static OC... that option alone sold me on this board...
no feature backport to C8H/C8F?

1 - 20 of 765 Posts