Overclock.net banner
661 - 680 of 765 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
How many of you guys are hitting stable 2000+mhz FCLK? Have a CVIII DH unopened here debating if it's worthwhile opening.

·
Registered
220 Posts
How many of you guys are hitting stable 2000+mhz FCLK? Have a CVIII DH unopened here debating if it's worthwhile opening.
I got it to boot and ran a couple tests, determined it was not worth the hassle over 1800 and went back. It's like 1.5% max.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Isn't that more a CPU IMC thing than motherboard? Correct me if I am wrong

·
Registered
648 Posts
I got it to boot and ran a couple tests, determined it was not worth the hassle over 1800 and went back. It's like 1.5% max.
Yeah I've not been able to get 2000 completely stable either, WHEA's. It seems stable but just isn't...

1900/3800 rock stable with very tight timings though, on this Unify-X. Thinking the Hero probably wouldn't be the magic bullet.

Isn't that more a CPU IMC thing than motherboard? Correct me if I am wrong
You're definitely not wrong but also MB, more specifically the BIOS' I suppose.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Does our MB have an option to disable Spread Spectrum? I do see an option for SB Spread Spectrum but I'm assuming it's for the South Bridge? 2nd option under Tweaker's Paradise

@degenn I'll say the Bios support has been better than my other board. Basically they've come sooner than my Xtreme board.

·
Registered
216 Posts
So I decided on keeping an SN850 1TB I picked up. Using it in my secondary slot (M2_2) slot. Copied a 15GB folder onto it and write speeds were 2.5GB a second. Ran Crystal Disk and write speed were in line with what I seen. I'm aware the Southbridge behaves like this but I thought I'd be seeing a little higher Write speeds. Something in my bios not right? It's the only PCIe 4.0 device on the south bridge, however I do have some other things that might be running through the South bridge, hmm.
So I just ran disk benches and it appears I’m in the same boat. I’m getting a hard capped 2.2gbs write on my 980. The previous bench was stored from when the drive was installed and it wrote 5.5 then. I think it’s software related?? My 970 evo plus is actually beating it at 2.6gbs writes. It’s definitely in 4x mode and gen 4. It reads at 7gbs. Going to try a clean windows install this weekend. This install is a mess. It’s from the c8h when I had two 970 in raid0 as the boot drive.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
So I just ran disk benches and it appears I’m in the same boat. I’m getting a hard capped 2.2gbs write on my 980. The previous bench was stored from when the drive was installed and it wrote 5.5 then. I think it’s software related?? My 970 evo plus is actually beating it at 2.6gbs writes. It’s definitely in 4x mode and gen 4. It reads at 7gbs. Going to try a clean windows install this weekend. This install is a mess. It’s from the c8h when I had two 970 in raid0 as the boot drive.
Yeah I've tried a few things and same result.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I am using sabrent rocket 4.0 drives in my board currently in raid 0. They are advertised as 5000r/4400w when I first built my machine I was getting the advertised speed in the slot that is directly connected to the cpu. The other slot attached to the chipset would never reach full speed. It would come close but would always be around 4700/4000ish. Im not sure if this is becuase of latency or what. I can't find my screen shots of testing the drives not in raid. But here is a shot of them setup in raid.

·
Registered
648 Posts
lol - I should have been more specific - this guy

View attachment 2487364

I'm guessing Rainmeter? I did something similar a while back - I kind of miss it now - but the config/code took some time to develop...
Ah.. sorry. Misunderstanding on my part.
For the system monitoring, I'm using AIDA64 on Windows 10 PCs configured as a remote LCD server and iPad mini 4 (Wi-Fi) connected to the Windows 10 PC through HTTP .
This works great.
For instance,
at home, our desktop PCs have the following IP addresses. (AX88U router configured as a DHCP server)
Desktop 1: 192.168.1.100
Desktop 2: 192.168.1.101
Desktop 3: 192.168.1.102
Those desktop PCs have AIDA64 installed and configured.
So, whenever I want check up on the status of those PCs, all I need to do is connect to those internal IPs through web browser on iPhone, iPad etc.
I sometimes like watching the status of other desktop PCs when kids are playing games on them in their rooms. Hehe

• Rep+
Reactions: Jim Cornette

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ah.. sorry. Misunderstanding on my part.
For the system monitoring, I'm using AIDA64 on Windows 10 PCs configured as a remote LCD server and iPad mini 4 (Wi-Fi) connected to the Windows 10 PC through HTTP .
This works great.
For instance,
at home, our desktop PCs have the following IP addresses. (AX88U router configured as a DHCP server)
Desktop 1: 192.168.1.100
Desktop 2: 192.168.1.101
Desktop 3: 192.168.1.102
Those desktop PCs have AIDA64 installed and configured.
So, whenever I want check up on the status of those PCs, all I need to do is connect to those internal IPs through web browser on iPhone, iPad etc.
I sometimes like watching the status of other desktop PCs when kids are playing games on them in their rooms. Hehe

View attachment 2487467
Thanks for the info - that's slick.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I am using sabrent rocket 4.0 drives in my board currently in raid 0. They are advertised as 5000r/4400w when I first built my machine I was getting the advertised speed in the slot that is directly connected to the cpu. The other slot attached to the chipset would never reach full speed. It would come close but would always be around 4700/4000ish. Im not sure if this is becuase of latency or what. I can't find my screen shots of testing the drives not in raid. But here is a shot of them setup in raid.
View attachment 2487445
Is this a recent screenshot? MY drives hit advertised speeds when I first put the rig together and now they have a write cap around 2gbs. I'm curious if anyone else has seen this drop off. I did find a post on reddit from back in December/January where multiple users were having this same issue with 980 pro's across different motherboards

·
Registered
81 Posts
Is this a recent screenshot? MY drives hit advertised speeds when I first put the rig together and now they have a write cap around 2gbs. I'm curious if anyone else has seen this drop off. I did find a post on reddit from back in December/January where multiple users were having this same issue with 980 pro's across different motherboards
The image was from a few months ago but I just redid the bench mark and it got a tiny bit slower but my raid drive is about 50% full so the drop in speed it as expected.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
I'm looking for single NVMe drive write speeds in the M2_2 slot.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Just reinstalled windows. Basically driverless it’s so fresh. Used magician to test before and after install. Before was 6.8 read 1.8 write 1,200,000 ops. After its 7.1 read 5.8 write 350,000 ops 😡. Writes are fixed. Would like to know why ops tanked so hard. Hopefully after chipset drivers etc are installed I’ll get ops back without loosing writes again.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Just reinstalled windows. Basically driverless it’s so fresh. Used magician to test before and after install. Before was 6.8 read 1.8 write 1,200,000 ops. After its 7.1 read 5.8 write 350,000 ops 😡. Writes are fixed. Would like to know why ops tanked so hard. Hopefully after chipset drivers etc are installed I’ll get ops back without loosing writes again.
Edit: here's crystal after fresh windows. default setings also on the 980 pro 1TB

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not sure what you're getting at. These headers are simple 2 pin thermocouple headers. THere's actually 3 of them. Water in/out and t.probe. THe bios isn't expecting them to be anything. They are there for optional temperature monitoring as you see fit. Personally I have the "in" one located at the back of my res and the out one located on the output side of the gpu water block. In my system these always read the same temp or within 1 C of each other so having 2 in the same loop is rather pointless. Really only useful if you have dual loops or a split loop. THey can be used to control fans and/or pump. AGain, bios doesn't care at all. you set it up how it works for your system.
Thanks, and I do get with the settings it should not matter over all. It just crossed my mind that the bios may expect one to be the highest input (temp), when under auto settings.. I have seen the same as you said on temps. 1 or 2 degrees per heatsink the water passes. The only time it ever added up to anything was when water was running over 5 blocks and overclocking everything lol

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi guys, i just completed my first full custom loop watercooled build ewuipped with a 5950x+dark Hero+16x2 4000c16 gskill RAM. I was able to boot at 1900fclk with the stock BIOS (3003 version) but as i updated to the 3401, 5950x stopped to be able to boot at that fclk. At the moment i'm with everything on stock, just docp enabled. Would an older BIOS version be better to achieve the highest fclk?

·
Registered
7 Posts
How many of you use DOS, Dynamic OC Switch? And why not? I got some nice results but heard someone having issues like not changing mode or changing too often, regardless current or hysteresis settings.

661 - 680 of 765 Posts