Overclock.net banner
681 - 700 of 765 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
How many of you use DOS, Dynamic OC Switch? And why not? I got some nice results but heard someone having issues like not changing mode or changing too often, regardless current or hysteresis settings.
Buggy when I tested (no switch back).
And now I use CTR 2.1 which do a better same job.
Will test with next bios fix.

Envoyé de mon Redmi K30 Pro en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts

Ok. It works for me in bencmarks but I have played only PUBG and have no issues with it. I think it can be more complicated in cases (some games probably) when power demand is changing rapidly.

·
Registered
220 Posts
How many of you use DOS, Dynamic OC Switch? And why not? I got some nice results but heard someone having issues like not changing mode or changing too often, regardless current or hysteresis settings.
This is the main reason it isn't being used as widely yet, it's not reliable.

·
Registered
220 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts

did u try with the bios i posted?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Please delete - ignore.

·
Registered
215 Posts
3302. Waiting for 3501 to leave beta.
3501 runs smooth but CPU performs worse than with my old x470 CH7, not clocking as high in many of the cores + averages while gaming are at least 100mhz lower than with my old x470 ch7 lol... maybe it is just this bios.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post, something went wrong lol.

·
Registered
905 Posts
3501 runs smooth but CPU performs worse than with my old x470 CH7, not clocking as high in many of the cores + averages while gaming are at least 100mhz lower than with my old x470 ch7 lol... maybe it is just this bios.

AMD has lowered boost to get rid of the idle reboot problem, so lower boost is the newer bios, not the board.

·
Premium Member
4,427 Posts

Looks like an issue with this motherboard in general. Running my 5900x stock it is now dead and heading to rma. Theres some sort of issue with this board, i put in a spare 5600x and at stock I cannot enable PBO without crashes. Im almost done with AMD

·
Registered
215 Posts
Looks like an issue with this motherboard in general. Running my 5900x stock it is now dead and heading to rma. Theres some sort of issue with this board, i put in a spare 5600x and at stock I cannot enable PBO without crashes. Im almost done with AMD
Well, i have seen my 5900x jumping to 1.506 volts on the latest bios but clocks aren't that high as constant as it was with my old x470 at lower voltage.
AMD has lowered boost to get rid of the idle reboot problem, so lower boost is the newer bios, not the board.
ummm interesting... I wouldn't say that the board doesn't have the power because that is silly, i was referring to the bios of course... I am clueless how is it possible for ASUS to release a buggy bios after it took them sooo! long to ship to the UK.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Odd that 3501 is still in beta going on nearly 2 months, isn't it? Can anyone confirm that it actually fixes their USB drop outs?

·
Still here...
4,767 Posts
Hi folks, AMD noob here, though fairly well versed in Intel and familiar with ASUS Intel Bios. Read through the thread and will continue to watch closely (got a Dark Hero on its way from Newegg which will hopefully be my son's PCIE 4 platform).

Haven't ordered anything else yet, but not hindered financially. Summed up: we bench, play games, and process video (Premiere Pro/After Effects), as well as make frequent use of Photoshop and Illustrator).

Initial questions (TIA!):

Would you recommend the 5950X over the 5900X? (cooling/power are not issues for us)

How about RAM? From what I can gather skimming the thread and elsewhere, 2X16 dual rank seems advisable, though I have been looking at F4-3600C14Q-64GTZN.

Looking for advice/recommendations in general. Again, TIA for any assistance!

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Odd that 3501 is still in beta going on nearly 2 months, isn't it? Can anyone confirm that it actually fixes their USB drop outs?
Amd has been in beta since Zen 1 release, so are you supprised? :)

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Hi folks, AMD noob here, though fairly well versed in Intel and familiar with ASUS Intel Bios. Read through the thread and will continue to watch closely (got a Dark Hero on its way from Newegg which will hopefully be my son's PCIE 4 platform).

Haven't ordered anything else yet, but not hindered financially. Summed up: we bench, play games, and process video (Premiere Pro/After Effects), as well as make frequent use of Photoshop and Illustrator).

Initial questions (TIA!):

Would you recommend the 5950X over the 5900X? (cooling/power are not issues for us)

How about RAM? From what I can gather skimming the thread and elsewhere, 2X16 dual rank seems advisable, though I have been looking at F4-3600C14Q-64GTZN.

Looking for advice/recommendations in general. Again, TIA for any assistance!
I have 5900x and 5950x.
The biggest difference is the better bin on the memorycontroller. Atleast for me.
My 5900x is from one of the first batches and it can't do over 3600mhz whea free.
My new 5950x can do 3933mhz and can benchmark over 4000mhz with ease.

• Rep+
Reactions: iamjanco
681 - 700 of 765 Posts