Overclock.net banner
721 - 740 of 911 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'll bump to 3601 this weekend and report back.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
@phillyman36 What was it? I play UT4 which was basically the test platform for Fort-nite

·
Registered
243 Posts
@phillyman36 What was it? I play UT4 which was basically the test platform for Fort-nite
Basically I had some sort of lag. Everytime i hit a button there was a slight delay for it to register. It was in my Fortnite settings. I play on NA-East. Somehow my server preference was set to Oceana and not east. Not sure how it got switched but I put it back to the East servers.

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
How many of you guys are using CTR as opposed to Dynamic OC? I'm waiting for my last part to come in and will be finally building my new machine with the Dark board + 5950X. Would love some insight as to what everyone's preference is for overclockability and stability. I also just heard about this new Project Hydra software that's coming out soon that looks to be an even better tool. Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Where is the TSME option in the bios? My Xtreme board has it under miscellaneous..

·
Registered
666 Posts
TPM on the Dark Hero has an issue currently. When it is enabled it will cause a random system stutter. It will happen in Windows desktop or other applications/gaming. The system will stutter/desync on random and there is no event viewer log for reference. I am using the latest BIOS 3601.

This will be a problem for Windows 11 users.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Someone can confirm this or maybe it's only your problem?

·
Registered
5 Posts
TPM on the Dark Hero has an issue currently. When it is enabled it will cause a random system stutter. It will happen in Windows desktop or other applications/gaming. The system will stutter/desync on random and there is no event viewer log for reference. I am using the latest BIOS 3601.

This will be a problem for Windows 11 users.
Interesting, my Firefox was randomly stuttering after flipping on TPM but I thought it was an issue related to the browser itself. It seems to have gone away by itself but if it happens again I may disable TPM until they issue a fix.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I haven't noticed any stuttering with 3601 after enabling firmware TPM.
Its totally random when it happens, so you may just have not seen it yet.

My system is otherwise stable, no WHEA errors or crashing.

Someone can confirm this or maybe it's only your problem?
I reported it to @shamino1978 and he is going to check.

I've tried reverting to older BIOS and it still happens and for whatever reason when I disable firmware TPM it goes away.

Interesting, my Firefox was randomly stuttering after flipping on TPM but I thought it was an issue related to the browser itself. It seems to have gone away by itself but if it happens again I may disable TPM until they issue a fix.
It happens to me when I am just on the desktop, either playing music or having the browser open in the background. It will also happen in gaming as well. There is no specific timing, it just happens randomly.

Its quick when it happens and will go away, but later again randomly it will happen. The only solution it seems is to disable firmware TPM.

Also, the problem happens in Windows 10 and 11.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Since the stuttering is not happening any more, I'm not 100% certain there is an issue beyond something specific to Firefox and maybe a bad addon. I never noticed anything with games or anything else, so it may have just been coincidental. I'll update if I get it again, but for now it seems OK.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Since the stuttering is not happening any more, I'm not 100% certain there is an issue beyond something specific to Firefox and maybe a bad addon. I never noticed anything with games or anything else, so it may have just been coincidental. I'll update if I get it again, but for now it seems OK.
Are you using PBO & Dynamic OC Switcher?

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Haven't noticed anything on both my rigs (in sig) since I turned on TMP

721 - 740 of 911 Posts