Overclock.net banner
741 - 760 of 911 Posts

·
Registered
2,737 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
I am. And well I turned TPM off and so far the issue has gone. I don't know why or if it is also connected with me using PBO & Dynamic OC with TPM.

Again, my system is stable. No whea errors and I can do full on Handbrake x265 sessions no issue.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I am. And well I turned TPM off and so far the issue has gone. I don't know why or if it is also connected with me using PBO & Dynamic OC with TPM.

Again, my system is stable. No whea errors and I can do full on Handbrake x265 sessions no issue.
Have you ran the latest CoreCycler to check for SSE rounding errors?

I found PBO to be not worth the time let alone DOC. Try turning PBO & DOC off then test TPM Enabled/Disabled and see if you can reproduce the issue.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Have you ran the latest CoreCycler to check for SSE rounding errors?

I found PBO to be not worth the time let alone DOC. Try turning PBO & DOC off then test TPM Enabled/Disabled and see if you can reproduce the issue.
No, I haven't, but like I said I have no whea errors and my system is stable. I even set up a special event log just for whea errors and its empty. I also run hwinfo daily and it also reports 0 errors. I am not doing anything crazy with Dynamic OC. Just PBO On + Dynamic OC set at 43 for all core. Pretty conservative. 1800FCLK.

For whatever reason turning TPM off makes it go away. No idea why.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
No, I haven't, but like I said I have no whea errors and my system is stable. I even set up a special event log just for whea errors and its empty. I also run hwinfo daily and it also reports 0 errors. I am not doing anything crazy with Dynamic OC. Just PBO On + Dynamic OC set at 43 for all core. Pretty conservative. 1800FCLK.

For whatever reason turning TPM off makes it go away. No idea why.
You could have no WHEA errors and still have SSE Rounding errors. Run CoreCycler several times over a period of 2-3 days. The only difference I see is that I'm not using PBO or DOC on my Dark Hero, nor am I running PBO on my Xtreme and I have TMP enabled on both machines with no issues like you describe. However, now, as I'm looking in Event Viewer, I am seeing a bunch off TMP Errors Event ID 15 BUT only on the Dark Hero board, not with my Xtreme.

"The device driver for the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) encountered a non-recoverable error in the TPM hardware, which prevents TPM services (such as data encryption) from being used. For further help, please contact the computer manufacturer."

The event is under Administrative Events.

·
Registered
666 Posts
You could have no WHEA errors and still have SSE Rounding errors. Run CoreCycler several times over a period of 2-3 days. The only difference I see is that I'm not using PBO or DOC on my Dark Hero, nor am I running PBO on my Xtreme and I have TMP enabled on both machines with no issues like you describe. However, now, as I'm looking in Event Viewer, I am seeing a bunch off TMP Errors Event ID 15 BUT only on the Dark Hero board, not with my Xtreme.

"The device driver for the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) encountered a non-recoverable error in the TPM hardware, which prevents TPM services (such as data encryption) from being used. For further help, please contact the computer manufacturer."

The event is under Administrative Events.
Interesting that your event viewer shows something. I understand about the SSE Rounding Errors. But I just don't understand why it seems when I disable TPM the symptom goes away. I'm going to try and do some more testing to see if I can get shamino more info.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Out of interest is anyone using a physical TPM module installed on the board?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey @shamino1978 does the 3702 beta change anything with this TPM issue? I can confirm with it enabled on 3601 I would have this weird system stutter every rare once in a while sometimes not for a few days. I could not figure out what was going on and did a fresh OS install. It wasn't until I remembered I enabled TPM for the eventual Windows 11 release that I figured out the cause since this never happened before on my system and I have had it for 7 months with no issues. Disabling TPM stopped the stutter for an entire week. Enabling TPM caused it to come back in a day. My system is stock as well and can pass any stress test thrown at it. I also did not notice any errors or issues in event viewer when the issue happened. I ran some memory tests and OCCT again just to see and with TPM on or off all tests are rock solid with no errors.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Hey @shamino1978 does the 3702 beta change anything with this TPM issue? I can confirm with it enabled on 3601 I would have this weird system stutter every rare once in a while sometimes not for a few days. I could not figure out what was going on and did a fresh OS install. It wasn't until I remembered I enabled TPM for the eventual Windows 11 release that I figured out the cause since this never happened before on my system and I have had it for 7 months with no issues. Disabling TPM stopped the stutter for an entire week. Enabling TPM caused it to come back in a day. My system is stock as well and can pass any stress test thrown at it. I also did not notice any errors or issues in event viewer when the issue happened. I ran some memory tests and OCCT again just to see and with TPM on or off all tests are rock solid with no errors.
I'm glad I am not the only one having this happen too!

@shamino1978 @safedisk

·
Registered
259 Posts
may i have full specs, including bios settings?
btw i'm curious if adjusting pll 1.8v up or down have any effect on this too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've disabled fTPM to see if it's related to my issue, so I should know within the next day or two if it happens again (I'll post back with confirmation either way).

·
Registered
666 Posts
may i have full specs, including bios settings?
btw i'm curious if adjusting pll 1.8v up or down have any effect on this too.
Hey shamino,

I have found the issue persists if running all stock as well. I will share my specs: 5950x, RTX 3090 Strix, Corsair (B-Die) 32gb @ 3600 14-15-15-15-35 1.45

I tried turning Dynamic OC Switcher off and on, didn't seem to be related to that too.

Here is more info:

·
Registered
65 Posts
For those that might be interested, when W11 was announced I ordered dTPM which I received yesterday and installed on my C8DH. A couple of reboots later and it appears in W10 as ready for use.

I know I could have just enabled fTPM but I like the additional security of dedicated hardware and the knowledge that when i update my firmware or clear the CMOS I won’t have to reinitialise the TPM.

741 - 760 of 911 Posts