761 - 780 of 911 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Is it normal for this MOBO to record PLL 1.8+ = 1.766v~

·
Registered
666 Posts
may i have full specs, including bios settings?
btw i'm curious if adjusting pll 1.8v up or down have any effect on this too.
Hey shamino,

I am testing manually increasing PLL to 1.83 to see if that gets rid of the random system stutter. With BIOS 3702, auto voltage does seem low 1.77. Even setting 1.8 manually the voltage shows at 1.77.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hey shamino,

I am testing manually increasing PLL to 1.83 to see if that gets rid of the random system stutter. With BIOS 3702, auto voltage does seem low 1.77. Even setting 1.8 manually the voltage shows at 1.77.
Also having system micro stutters with the latest beta, in fact sometimes if you are surfing the web it can hear a weird stretching sound. Even when manually setting the PLL voltage to 1.83v...

·
Registered
666 Posts
Also having system micro stutters with the latest beta, in fact sometimes if you are surfing the web it can hear a weird stretching sound. Even when manually setting the PLL voltage to 1.83v...
@shamino1978 @safedisk

Yes, I am 99% certain it has something to do with TPM firmware, for some reason. It is the only connection I and others can make. Increasing PLL has not fixed the issue.

I have an ASUS TPM module on the way. Going to test that too when it arrives.

·
Registered
263 Posts
BIOS 3702 is up, adds Windows 11 support.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Will be interesting to see if we get more reports of the stuttering problem now that more people will have TPM firmware enabled.
Good question indeed. I never move to the newer version until they have been out at least a year, so it will probably be time to upgrade anyways.

·
Registered
65 Posts
So by adding support for Win11 I presume that means that fTPM is now enabled by default, interesting to see what impact that has on people. Wonder if any other default values are changed?

·
Registered
3,356 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
@shamino1978 @safedisk

Yes, I am 99% certain it has something to do with TPM firmware, for some reason. It is the only connection I and others can make. Increasing PLL has not fixed the issue.

I have an ASUS TPM module on the way. Going to test that too when it arrives.
Just tried latest driver, with ASUS AMD Chipset drivers from ASUS website, Win10 and Win11 no crashes or weird stutter....

·
Registered
221 Posts
Its random. And it will only happen if you have TPM firmware option enabled. Keep watching for it.
Well, on the latest BIOS I have set TPM set to discrete, and still works on Win 11... And before that my Win 10 worked just fine. I will keep testing tho, I know it is random. Try installing ASUS chipset drivers from their website... since I did that and uninstalled MSI afterburner I haven't experienced the issue again.

I'll keep you posted if I get any stutter or weird behavior.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Well, on the latest BIOS I have set TPM set to discrete, and still works on Win 11... And before that my Win 10 worked just fine. I will keep testing tho, I know it is random. Try installing ASUS chipset drivers from their website... since I did that and uninstalled MSI afterburner I haven't experienced the issue again.

I'll keep you posted if I get any stutter or weird behavior.
With the Win 11 insider builds, they are not enforcing TPM after you have installed it. So yeah, you can run Win 11 with TPM set to discrete. So you won't get the performance stutter. But we assume TPM will need to be enabled for the public release, so TPM firmware will be needed for most people and that is where the stutter happens.

My TPM module arrives tomorrow, so I'll be testing that as well.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I have the ASUS TPM module installed now and running with the TPM Discrete setting and have not encountered the random stutter anymore with BIOS 3702. This is the only thing I have changed on my system. So for whatever reason the TPM firmware option is causing issues with random stutter.

@shamino1978 @safedisk

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have the ASUS TPM module installed now and running with the TPM Discrete setting and have not encountered the random stutter anymore with BIOS 3702. This is the only thing I have changed on my system. So for whatever reason the TPM firmware option is causing issues with random stutter.

@shamino1978 @safedisk
I will test again with TPM set firmware again. I had it set to firmware before but last time i tried Win 11 didn't switch it on.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Looks like Asus pulled 3702 from the site.

Edit: Nope, it's back now.

·
Registered
53 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
761 - 780 of 911 Posts