Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i was just wondering if you are able to use the amd catalyst drivers or am i stuck with only using asus? also, i read a thread earlier that said the dcu ii 6970 doesnt have vrm cooling? im guessing if you have the card you would have overclocked it by now...were the VRM temps ok? Thanks for any answers.

·
Registered
25 Posts
You can use the AMD Drivers with any AMD/ATi card. You're not stuck with the out of date drivers you'll get with the CD you get in the box. Actually, most people will suggest not even using the CD and just downloading the newest set of drivers straight from AMD's webby.

As for the other question, I'm afraid I'll have to leave that to the others here

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsa_orlong;13150790
hi, i was just wondering if you are able to use the amd catalyst drivers or am i stuck with only using asus? also, i read a thread earlier that said the dcu ii 6970 doesnt have vrm cooling? im guessing if you have the card you would have overclocked it by now...were the VRM temps ok? Thanks for any answers.
I'm not sure what other parts of the power circuitry would be heatsinked if not the VRMs...
or why they would sink the VRMs on my GTX 570 but not the AMD equivillent.

I could easily OC my GTX 570, and you know the horror stories of those going poof.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sohryu76
View Post

I'm not sure what other parts of the power circuitry would be heatsinked if not the VRMs...
or why they would sink the VRMs on my GTX 570 but not the AMD equivillent.

I could easily OC my GTX 570, and you know the horror stories of those going poof.

Thx for the answers guys. Sohryu, are you able to use nvidia drivers since I heard the dcu ii can only use asus drivers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts