Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys , i have a gtx 1070 asus dual , yesterday was working perfectly , and today when i power the pc on , it just doesnt work , the monitor shows no signal , the gpu s fans spin and the white led above the 8 pin is on , with integrated graphics works fine ( 650w psu )

I tried: reseating the gpu
Another monitor ( doesnt work , no signal )
Another gpu ( works )
Another pc ( still dont work - no signal )
Disabling the integrated gpu from bios( still dont work - no signal )

I booted in windows with integrated graphics , the gtx 1070 its not detected by device manager
I tried the gpu in another pc , so guys pls dont say “check the ram , check the psu , check the PCIe , switch cables...”

The card doesnt show on bios or device manager
Could a bios flash save my gpu?
Is there any thing i can do?

·
Senior OCN Member
41,045 Posts
Sounds like its dead which sucks since you cant buy a new GPU due to the shortage
What you can do is take off the cooler and see if you can find any damage maybe it can be fixed but probably not

·
Graphics Junkie
3,366 Posts
Sell it on eBay as "for parts not working". With how crazy the gpu market is, even a dead gpu will sell for a couple hundred.

·
Graphics Junkie
3,366 Posts
I'd try baking it b4 selling for parts.
I wouldn't expect that to work on a modern gpu. The only think that fixes is a gpu that has become detached from the pcb but modern gpus are designed to run pretty hot and it's super unlikely baking a gpu would fix anything today.

·
Vandelay Industries
2,436 Posts
I wouldn't expect that to work on a modern gpu. The only think that fixes is a gpu that has become detached from the pcb but modern gpus are designed to run pretty hot and it's super unlikely baking a gpu would fix anything today.
If you're going to sell it for parts anyways what's the harm in trying?

·
Registered
747 Posts
Could a bios flash save my gpu?
Is there any thing i can do?
There is no BIOS flash for invisible cards.
But feel free saying the entire story of how and from whom did you get this card.
You do not seem mentioning ASUS warranty.
Escaping liquids from water cooling system this is another known source of VGA death.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue, the problem is I inserted a gpu on a riser while pc was on. pc shut down and then the gtx 1070 has the same behaviour as yours. I tried lots of things even cleaning it, I think something is fried on the gpu.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts