Overclock.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now this doesnt seem to be making anysense to me at all, the other day my DVD drive just stopped showing up in My computer, its a DRW-24B1LT, I checked the device manager and its showing up but with an exclamation mark on it but not reporting any problems, I checked the connections in the case and they are secure, I have the latest firmware and all motherboard drivers seem to be ok, I have done many virus scans and the PC is clean from that as well. I was going to just try and re-install win7 but I would prefer not to if I can.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I have checked SATA and Power cables and Yes it does show up in the BIOS, it also still opens and I can hear it reading discs, it just cannot be found in windows, or nero

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
does it show up in disk management?

right click on computer -> manage -> left pane pick on storage -> disk management

make sure it has a drive letter assigned

if its not there, can you test it in another pc, or try a different sata cable

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its not there, I have no other to test it in. Will reinstalling win7 fix it?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, so I re-installed and it was fine and I was able to access it again, now a couple of days later it's gone again. It looks like its running on a legacy windows CD driver. What the hell is going on?

·
Registered
32 Posts
That is very strange. I have that same drive in my build..and have had
some issues..for example: it will see disc 1 of a game..but not disc 2...
(mass effect 2)...the dvd was in the drive for days..as i worked on other
things...and the install popped up and finished the install...creepy.
As you did..i have tried everything...disc 2 does not exist...even now that
it is installed.
I am very curious on this one..i hope someone has an idea.Good Luck.c.

Edit:: As you can see below..our rigs only have one thing in common..that drive.
So, in my way of thinking..this pretty much confirms for me that it is something
about that drive.......or win7 in general.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, I have had this drive for about a year and never had any trouble til now, I have also had win7 for close to a year aswell.... I don't understand it.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
update : Also I have found virtual drives don't show up either, daemon tools, DVDfab virtual drive....

This really is mind ******* me!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts