Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
High i was just wondering when overclocking your GPU's (via Coolbits) do you guys also overclock it for 2D mode?<br />
<br />
Also does overclocking in 2D Mode, restrict your GPU's potential to overclock in 3D Mode?<br />
<br />
Currently i have my card set @ 560/1600Mhz in both 2D & 3D Mode.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Na 3d only in my case.

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
Most people just choose to overclock 3d, Because in 2d mode, your not even using all of the power from the stock setting of the card. Its a breeze for any modern gpu to run 2d modes... 3d on the other hand is a different story. Thats when overclocking really helps. So just choose to overclock 3d only. Overclocking in 2d mode doesn nothing more than run the card harder than is needed.

·
Banned
5,844 Posts
leave 2D mode alone. 2D mode is used to save power and increase the life of the card by lowering the useage when your doing things like brosing the web

·
Premium Member
11,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm trying to leave 2D mode at stock speeds, but when i set my 3D mode to my usual OC settings it pushes the 2D mode memory freq to the same as 3D mode. Although the Core speed stays at stock speeds for 2D. Help!?

·
Premium Member
11,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok that's cool

·
Premium Member
11,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Btw what would be the best method for OC further a volt mod, or the seemingly safer alternative of a Bios Mod?

·
Premium Member
10,811 Posts
I actually underclock my card in 2D mode.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
...as do i, as of now!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts