Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I bought this laptop on 7/7/09 (tomorrow the 14 day return policy will be on its last day) and I have had 2 BSOD's so far. One was on 9/7/09, a minor thing while playing Team Fortress 2, a crash with the DRIVER_IRQ_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL with the faulty driver being netw5v64.sys. 10 minutes ago I was playing Zombie Master (a modification for HL2, which is part of the same engine as TF2) and I had another BSOD with the same exact error. The thing is that I get these errors randomly, after long online gaming stretches, and just 2 over a lot of heavy gaming usage.

I'm just wondering if the symptoms seem to be the cause of faulty drivers, or if I should head back to Best Buy and return it for a new one due to the problems I'm having. Any comments on that, since I have a day to go (and I get back from work at 5, so I'm pretty much needing to have a final decision by then).

P.S: I tried reproducing the error, and I couldn't get it done anyway, until today it just randomly happened again. I did MemTest, FurMark testing, Orthos testing and everything is OK. It comes down to my WiFi Card or screwed drivers. Any input? I really don't want to be stuck with a bad from manufacturing laptop (AKA a 1k dollars paper weight).

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, but is this something grave enough to warrant returning it, or should I stick with it, try to fix it, and if doesn't work send it for repairs to ASUS?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts