Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My laptop needs to be modded. I am hopeful that someone here can help me keep my Asus GL702-VS laptop by telling me HOW to mod it so that it stays below 98 degrees. I will cut the case or buy new cooling gear to install.

I will send photos or whatever is required AND buy you a beer.

I am not sure if this is the proper forum and I apologize if I am in the wrong place. Please let me know WHERE I should post.

Thank you

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I have posted into the two forums that you recommended. Thank you for the video but I think the following quote addresses this.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?89061-GL702VM-amp-similar-Solution-to-Performance-issues-Overheating-Throttling

"Hi guys, I bought GL702VM and was upset with its ability to handle games and high load. I had immediate temperature jump to over 85 jump and throttling / frame drops in games. So I decided to understand how to improve things, even though, I already lost my warranty due to my experiments, but at least I can answer for everyone, that:
- the main problem of this notebook is inefficient, insufficient cooling system with too thin fans, too small heatsinks, vent holes in a wrong places (aside, not above the fans).

To prove this, I first changed the thermal interface to liquid metal. That doesn't solve the issue. This proves, the thermal contact is ok, but heat dissipation is bad. Second, I ran stress tests with back cover removed - helped a lot, about 15-20 degrees off. The proves that air intake is wrong in this system."

Besides, the person in your recommended video doesn't even mention that you should DISCONNECT THE BATTERY nor does he mention AMBIENT ROOM TEMPERATURES. So, what else is he not telling us?

I do not mind voiding the wrranty.
Thanks

·
Registered
687 Posts
1- I don't remember but usually crossposting is forbidden or should be avoided

2- it's according to the definition of "starting point" ...
otherwise I would had written "hey! follow this tutorial"
rolleyes.gif

3- ambient temp means almost nothing when your cpu hits 90°C or more

4- disconnect the battery... I agree, but... well... it's like playing russian roulette, you still can...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

luckly you have a brain
thumb.gif

1 - 4 of 4 Posts