Overclock.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
They are totally different PCB

Costum PCB for the DCII with much better VRMs.

DCII
front_small.jpg

Reference
front_small.jpg

• Rep+
Reactions: spinejam

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Water];15064126
Yeup.... The asus is fat as ^^^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boulard83;15064182
They are totally different PCB

Costum PCB for the DCII with much better VRMs.

DCII
front_small.jpg

Reference
front_small.jpg
what about the clocking features ? is anyone out there SLI the direct cu ii n the reference card ?

·
Banned
2,310 Posts
The main difference of both cards is that the DCII is a Non Reference Card and the normal ASUS GTX 580 is a Reference Card.

The advantage of the Reference GTX 580 is the compatibility with a full waterblock, other than that it only has stock cooling which is inefficient and standard overclocking enhancing features.
smile.gif

The advantage of the DCII is a factory custom cooler, higher amount of VRMs and voltage features for a increasement of the voltage induction efficiency,a built in HDMI port and of course vast overclocking ability and performance:)

Hope that clears up:D

·
PC Master Racer
1,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Water];15064126
Yeup.... The asus is fat as ^^^^
But it's makes no noise whatsoever. My temps. at idle is 35C.

·
Banned
2,310 Posts
check out the link in my sig.

I run the GTX 580 OC club.

Just watch the first and second post of the thread.
Better said the Hall of Fame:)

In there all overclocking results, cooling results etc etc are listed of more than 200 580 owners and among them tons of DCII owners:D

I am sure that will help you out with all of your questions^^
http://www.overclock.net/nvidia/1049463-official-gtx-580-overclocking-club.html

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kung Pow;15064277
The main difference of both cards is that the DCII is a Non Reference Card and the normal ASUS GTX 580 is a Reference Card.

The advantage of the Reference GTX 580 is the compatibility with a full waterblock, other than that it only has stock cooling which is inefficient and standard overclocking enhancing features.
smile.gif

The advantage of the DCII is a factory custom cooler, higher amount of VRMs and voltage features for a increasement of the voltage induction efficiency,a built in HDMI port and of course vast overclocking ability and performance:)

Hope that clears up:D
thank you!!
biggrin.gif
+1 rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deverica Wolf;15064278
But it's makes no noise whatsoever. My temps. at idle is 35C.
yea. I like it so much ^^

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by error-id10t;15064625
The main gain with CU II is it's cooler, it's very good/quiet and second to none. It is a fat card as others mentioned and though it's non-reference you can get full water block for it.
proof ?? i have never seen a full Waterblock for the DCII

·
Premium Member
20,511 Posts
I've owned both the reference Asus 580 and the DCII and the DCII is superior in every way (except for size...). Much better cooling, much better overclocking and you can usually find them for about the same price.

If you have room in your case for a 3 slot card, the Asus DCII is one of the top two GTX580's available (the other being the MSI Lightning).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts