441 - 460 of 485 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asus11 View Post

thats weird..

it never goes to 80c only 76-77c max

unistalled and installed gputweak way too many times now still wont let me apply volts lol

installed skynet bios and only evga precision will let me change volts

man im new to this 780 ti buisness

ive been googling what the hell is 3.3v in gputweak and VRM clocks & PEX_VDD?

can anyone enlighten me? lol
PEX_VDD is the pll voltage just like in the classified tool for evga cards.

·
Premium Member
2,001 Posts
Question for you guys who did the memory voltage hard mod. Do you change the mem voltage in GPU tweak once hard modded? I'm thinking to try the hard mod on the 980 strix

·
jonnyblaze
4,328 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc0053 View Post

Question for you guys who did the memory voltage hard mod. Do you change the mem voltage in GPU tweak once hard modded? I'm thinking to try the hard mod on the 980 strix
the 780 ti matrix didn't need a hard mod for the mem voltage, once you shorted the pads you unlock additional options in gpu tweak. But you need to remove that resistor. Now that I have removed the resistor and shorted the pads the card is amazing. I hotwired the vcore, mem and pll to the rve oc panel and it's pretty much unlimited voltages. the oc panel goes to +190 offset and at +75 I am at about 1.6v so it's great.

be careful with pll and mem with oc panel. +10 offset is a huge jump for each of them. it brings mem to 1.8v and pll to 1.225v. So go up +1 at a time at first. Also it's so cool because the hotwire and oc panel still work without using a ROG Mobo. Just hook up to sata power.

This card is amazing with the right precautions. Wonder if 980 matrix wil have same features.

Actually after that resistor is removed a hardmod for the mem is necessary because it removes software mem v control. You can do hotwire or use a vr.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by strong island 1 View Post

the 780 ti matrix didn't need a hard mod for the mem voltage, once you shorted the pads you unlock additional options in gpu tweak. But you need to remove that resistor. Now that I have removed the resistor and shorted the pads the card is amazing. I hotwired the vcore, mem and pll to the rve oc panel and it's pretty much unlimited voltages. the oc panel goes to +190 offset and at +75 I am at about 1.6v so it's great.

be careful with pll and mem with oc panel. +10 offset is a huge jump for each of them. it brings mem to 1.8v and pll to 1.225v. So go up +1 at a time at first. Also it's so cool because the hotwire and oc panel still work without using a ROG Mobo. Just hook up to sata power.

This card is amazing with the right precautions. Wonder if 980 matrix wil have same features.

Actually after that resistor is removed a hardmod for the mem is necessary because it removes software mem v control. You can do hotwire or use a vr.
I think Marc just posted in the wrong thread cause he wants to do the mem mod for his Strix gtx980 not matrix 780ti. Good info though.

·
jonnyblaze
4,328 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDhydro View Post

I think Marc just posted in the wrong thread cause he wants to do the mem mod for his Strix gtx980 not matrix 780ti. Good info though.
ya I guess I just felt like talking about how much I love the card with the OC panel. It's an amazing card and great for all the legacy 3d benches and heaven and valley,

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Quote:

ya I guess I just felt like talking about how much I love the card with the OC panel. It's an amazing card and great for all the legacy 3d benches and heaven and valley,
I heard theres a new GPUtweak out for the gtx 980 matrix, hopefully a fix for the memory issue too?

wonder if it will sort out the 780 ti also

·
Premium Member
2,001 Posts
Quote:

Thanks for the info.
You guys recommend a specific type of resistors and soldering gun?
I've got tons to learn about this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDhydro View Post

Yes you're right it's for my 980 Strix I want to do this. I should probably post in the non-reference 980 thread but since you guys were talking about enabling memory volts I figured I'd ask.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by melodystyle2003 View Post

Hello,

the max voltage i can see is 1.175V and if temps are getting to 80oC it gets up to 1.198V (gpu tweak readings). It is limited to 1.2V max on normal bios.
Yes you can try skyn3t vbios, there are two versions of it: V1 and V2.

Cheers
whats the difference between V1 & v2?

·
Researching stability
1,044 Posts
Don't remember exactly, but v2 was performing better in o/c temps comparing to v1, at least for me (albeit stock bios was performing overall better).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys, I have a question regarding Asus GPU Tweak... everytime I set the GPU voltage to the maximum and reboot afterwards its on stock setting again. Is this normal?

·
Registered
3,511 Posts

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
why does GPU Tweak only let you go to 1272 base / 1342 boost?

on LN2 bios

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Quote:

Read this.
I don't have the setting there, what version was you using?

I just downloaded a previous version... still nothing
frown.gif

·
Researching stability
1,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asus11 View Post

I don't have the setting there, what version was you using?

I just downloaded a previous version... still nothing
frown.gif
If you are using a modded bios, this option won't be available.
Also the LN2 bios will unlock its features only when you solder the two required pads.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Quote:

If you are using a modded bios, this option won't be available.
Also the LN2 bios will unlock its features only when you solder the two required pads.
Bios switch is on LN2

LN2 pads shorted

small resistor removed

I can go up as much in volts but stuck @ 1272mhz in the program with no option listed to increase it..

no idea whats going on installed like 5 copies of GPUtweak just incase.. but none had the option..

yet I can set it to 1272.. open evga precision and add more, then go back into GPUtweak and it shows higher?

you reckon I should uninstall evga precision?

EDIT!!!

a404yb.png

you need to click advanced mode.. then it shows the option..

Phew! thanks for the help

• Rep+
Reactions: BanBoo
441 - 460 of 485 Posts