looks like im stuck @ 1342mhz game stable

can't get 1367mhz stable in crysis 3

its weird because LN2 bios only goes up by 25mhz each not 13

1367mhz takes too many volts and imo isn't worth it
mad.gif

looks like im going to give up @ 1342

its been fun.. would of loved to have 1400mhz game stable
tongue.gif
What driver and settings are you running?

Every game runs fine @ 1320... but on cod:aw ive got some randrom errors... not by the graphics driver but the game force closes -.-... pretty annoying. Got it all stable @ 1300.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanBoo View Post

What driver and settings are you running?

Every game runs fine @ 1320... but on cod:aw ive got some randrom errors... not by the graphics driver but the game force closes -.-... pretty annoying. Got it all stable @ 1300.
im running 344.48

LN2 bios

in GPU tweak

1264 base clock boost 1342mhz

1.325v

7100 memory

·
Registered
188 Posts
I tried all the newer drivers but found 340.52 works best for me.It was the last official driver for the 700 series,after that is when they started adding the 900 series.I'm @ 1300 game stable.I haven't touched LN2 bios or modded bios etc.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Hi Folks!

Have a pair of these cards. Made the needed solder bridges for ln2 mode and set the switch on each card accordingly. Am using the most recent (?) version of gputweak (GPUTweakVer2760_ 2014112) which apparently has resolved the memory finger of death issue. Am running the cards under water.

First card seems meh...can do around 1260 core with 1.25v but heaven crashes the driver real quick at 1300 with 1.3v. Second card is a little better than the first one.....1289 @ 1.275, 1301-1828 @ 1.3. Temps were ~ 40C. Set the sli up...best at 1.275v was 1283-1828, first card got to 42C.

So...now that everything seems to be working (I still need to enable pcie3)...would love to know how to get more out of these cards. My overclocks seem pretty weak compared to what others here have been posting.

Ideas, thoughts, recommendations? Oh..also..how do you get clock and boost values to be the same? Does it matter?

Tia for any guidance!

PS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by strong island 1 View Post

Also it's so cool because the hotwire and oc panel still work without using a ROG Mobo. Just hook up to sata power.
Great to know! Thanks strong island 1! So...I could, for example, run my msi z97 xpower ac with the vgas then hotwire to the oc panel by itself?

780-2-1301core-1.3v-1828.jpg 723k .jpg file

780x2-1283core-1828-1.275v.jpg 803k .jpg file

Attachments

·
Researching stability
1,044 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by funsoul View Post

Hi Folks!

Have a pair of these cards. Made the needed solder bridges for ln2 mode and set the switch on each card accordingly. Am using the most recent (?) version of gputweak (GPUTweakVer2760_ 2014112) which apparently has resolved the memory finger of death issue. Am running the cards under water.

First card seems meh...can do around 1260 core with 1.25v but heaven crashes the driver real quick at 1300 with 1.3v. Second card is a little better than the first one.....1289 @ 1.275, 1301-1828 @ 1.3. Temps were ~ 40C. Set the sli up...best at 1.275v was 1283-1828, first card got to 42C.

So...now that everything seems to be working (I still need to enable pcie3)...would love to know how to get more out of these cards. My overclocks seem pretty weak compared to what others here have been posting.

Ideas, thoughts, recommendations? Oh..also..how do you get clock and boost values to be the same? Does it matter?

Tia for any guidance!

PS:
Great to know! Thanks strong island 1! So...I could, for example, run my msi z97 xpower ac with the vgas then hotwire to the oc panel by itself?

are you sure the memory bug is fixed?

also I would just add more volts and see how you get on.. I found 1342mhz/7800-8000 game stable @ 1.35v under water

·
jonnyblaze
4,328 Posts
Quote:

Hi Folks!

Tia for any guidance!

PS:

ya I have been using my 780 ti matrix hotwired to the oc panel while using the gigabyte z97 board. Just make sure you find an old small power supply and jump it to use for the oc panel. Otherwise especially while ln2 benching everytime you have to shutdown your system you have to turn the oc panel back on and it will drive you nuts. gigabyte z97 board also has this new feature that keeps anything plugged into power supply running even when mobo is shut off so that's what I am using now instead of the jumped power supply.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asus11
are you sure the memory bug is fixed?

also I would just add more volts and see how you get on.. I found 1342mhz/7800-8000 game stable @ 1.35v under water
Hi Asus11

Yeppers...been tooling around with the cards for over a week now and they're both still working. Also here XtremeAddict wrote "GPUTweakIT works flawlessly, don't be afraid to use it anymore." which is what I've been experiencing, too so it seems fixed.

Been playing with a few cpus and getting everything cpu, os and apps ironed out. Will up the voltage to the cards next time I get some play time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by strong island 1
ya I have been using my 780 ti matrix hotwired to the oc panel while using the gigabyte z97 board. Just make sure you find an old small power supply and jump it to use for the oc panel. Otherwise especially while ln2 benching everytime you have to shutdown your system you have to turn the oc panel back on and it will drive you nuts. gigabyte z97 board also has this new feature that keeps anything plugged into power supply running even when mobo is shut off so that's what I am using now instead of the jumped power supply.
That's awesome strong island 1! Thanks for the info! I'll go that route when using the z97 setup, too (xpower ac). Sweet!

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Quote:

Hi Asus11

Yeppers...been tooling around with the cards for over a week now and they're both still working. Also here XtremeAddict wrote "GPUTweakIT works flawlessly, don't be afraid to use it anymore." which is what I've been experiencing, too so it seems fixed.
I wouldn't trust it... hes talking about the 980 ..which most likely was fixed in the hardware

people was reporting dead cards even using evga precision..

not worth the risk
thumb.gif

especially since I just got my hands on a second matrix
smile.gif

·
jonnyblaze
4,328 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asus11 View Post

I wouldn't trust it... hes talking about the 980 ..which most likely was fixed in the hardware

people was reporting dead cards even using evga precision..

not worth the risk
thumb.gif

especially since I just got my hands on a second matrix
smile.gif
Ya I am on my second matrix also. My first one was killed by that memory bug and I never even had gpu tweak installed on my system. This second one I removed the resistor and it's been perfect ever since. Luckily newegg took the first one back otherwise I would be much more upset right now.

And ya they are talking about the 980 matrix when saying don't be afraid to use gpu tweak. Maybe they could possibly fix it on brand new 780 ti matrix's but they never released a firmware update or new bios or anything and when you go to buy one who knows if you get one that has been sitting around. Who knows if they even produce new 780 ti matrix's, probably not so how could they even have fixed it. I would have to guess most if not all still have that bug.

·
Registered
385 Posts
No idea what to say other than my pair of 780Ti matrixes seem to be working perfectly with ln2 mode enabled and the version of gputweakit in my original post. Haven't tried precisionx since I enabled ln2 and got gputweakit working without memory death. These are 2 of gunslinger's old cards so they're certainly not new.

Then again...I've only played with the vgpu. Now you guys took me from feeling good/confident to now being afraid to boost the vmem at all :/

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by strong island 1 View Post

Ya I am on my second matrix also. My first one was killed by that memory bug and I never even had gpu tweak installed on my system. This second one I removed the resistor and it's been perfect ever since. Luckily newegg took the first one back otherwise I would be much more upset right now.

And ya they are talking about the 980 matrix when saying don't be afraid to use gpu tweak. Maybe they could possibly fix it on brand new 780 ti matrix's but they never released a firmware update or new bios or anything and when you go to buy one who knows if you get one that has been sitting around. Who knows if they even produce new 780 ti matrix's, probably not so how could they even have fixed it. I would have to guess most if not all still have that bug.
my matrix never died.. I meant ive just picked up a second for SLI.. block and backplate coming tomorrow
thumb.gif

first matrix I removed the resistor..

this matrix im not going to as it will be too hot in the rig with both cards on LN2 mode pushing 1.3v+

but the second matrix seems to be epic in overclocking in comparison.. put it in my bros PC to try it out and its 84 ASIC.. i know this doesn't mean much..

but its stable at like 1300mhz game stable on air.. with stock bios.. can't wait to see what it can do on water with skynet bios.

as theyre both going to be on the first bios(skynet) I will leave them at max 1.213v for better temps etc as im also adding a ek ram block lol..

plus on its own the one matrix reaches 60c with 1.35v on it.. 1.213v should be much better!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Mine are still running the stock bioses...would the skynet one actually do anything for me? Are there others that might be worth checking out?

Still concerned about trying mem voltage adjustments :/ Is there any way to safely test the cards/setup to verify that I'm not going to smoke the memory if I try increasing the voltage?

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Quote:

Mine are still running the stock bioses...would the skynet one actually do anything for me? Are there others that might be worth checking out?

Still concerned about trying mem voltage adjustments :/ Is there any way to safely test the cards/setup to verify that I'm not going to smoke the memory if I try increasing the voltage?
nop, I wouldn't risk it either

skynet bios = disabled boost, and more Power target increased to 200%

but I cannot adjust volts in GPUtweak have to use EVGA precision

weird

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is it normal that the voltage adjustment in GPUTweak dont mean that much? If I set it to the max... 1.213volt it still uses 1.756volt... at least this is what i see at the OSD while gaming and such.
I run this card on water and got it game stable (COD:AW) @ 1300Mhz. Is there a way to really fix it to 1.2v? Seems like its only going there when it hits a certain thermal point between 55°C or 60°C. Which wont happen that much on water.

I´ve tried the Skynet bios but I dont like to use more that one Tweak tool on my system.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi everyone:D

I've just bought a simple asus matrix(not the platinum one) and i ha the follow problems:
The card has an asic of 90.2%
biggrin.gif
but i'm not able to unleash all of its power because i'm bios limited.
with stock bios and this settings:

+75mv on the core
1204base----1256boost----1300ish in game or bench
110power target
95temp limit
prioritize for power limit
vram stock

my 3d mark firestrike is 11698 with pc in sign that seems to me quite frankly too low compared with your benches:thumbsdow

i cant flash with skynet bios because none nvflash rather than ez3flash allow me to override with skyn3t bios for the platinum version..... any ideas? thx:D:D:D

461 - 480 of 485 Posts