Overclock.net banner

481 - 485 of 485 Posts

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
So I bought one of these BNIB off ebay with warranty, and gamed with it @ stock for a couple weeks, then decided to bump up the clock speeds a bit. set power target to 110% and upped boost clock 60mhz. Display went black and it let out a small wisp of smoke followed by that good 'ole smell of cooked silicon.

Guess I get to meet Asus's RMA personnel.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello, friends, im thinking about buying a used 780ti matrix claimed to be selected and used for some bench records, but the previous owner sold it w\o stock cooler and the one that has it now is using a direct cu2 version of cooler (Asus 780ti-dc2).. Well at least somehow, but as i thought on reviews both of coolers are loud and hot and since i plan to overclock it - i want to use custom cooler such as Arctic Accele xtreme 3\4 or etc, but i don't know if it is possible, since the matrix has a very specific board design with suctom plate\backplate.
So, have anyone tried it ? maybe stock cooler from other models or hybrid ?

·
Registered
768 Posts
The stock cooler for the 780ti Matrix is "DirectCU II with 10mm heatpipe: 20% cooler performance and 3X quieter acoustics compared to reference" which was taken off of their website. I don't find the cooler to be loud until it spins up very high. I, as most others here, have it overclocked with an aggressive fan profile so that will increase noise. I don't find it too bad for my ears since when it is running high, I most likely have headphones on. At I barely hear it up until 70% or higher.

• Rep+
Reactions: Vuffi-Raa
481 - 485 of 485 Posts