Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Quote:
According to the pictures that can be found at Chinese site gb.financenews.sina.com, it looks like that Asus will stick to its Voltage Tweak even with the upcoming Nvidia Fermi GTX 480 and GTX 470 cards.

The pictured boxes are pretty standard and there has been rumours that Nvidia will give some voltage tweaking freedom once the GTX 480 and 470 are finally out. Even with those rumours, there was no talk on how high will those voltage tweaks go, but Asus' "up to 50 percent faster" claims suggest that more voltage might make Fermi quite faster.

We are quite sure that voltage tweaks will be possible with cards from other partners, but for now Asus is the only one that has advertised it. Then again, the 50 percent claim sounds a bit overly optimistic to say the least.
Source

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts
Can't ATI cards be softmodded for voltage tweaks too? MSI afterburn or something. Nothing to special in this day and age imo. I remember when hardmods was the only way to get more juice.
But still a nice feature.

·
Premium Member
9,637 Posts
What's interesting is the up to 50% faster remark. Maybe Fermi is only held back by how much heat is produced. Stick on a nice water block, pump some more volts through it and watch it hit 1000+ core/ 2000+ shaders :O

·
Registered
452 Posts
50% faster than at ln2

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by r34p3rex View Post
What's interesting is the up to 50% faster remark. Maybe Fermi is only held back by how much heat is produced. Stick on a nice water block, pump some more volts through it and watch it hit 1000+ core/ 2000+ shaders :O
If that is true they have me SOLD! Talk about the next 8800gtx x9000.

But I don't really believe it. Either way I have had good fortune with Asus GPU's and I might buy a card from them when I finally decide.

·
PC Evangelist
46,947 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by r34p3rex View Post
Even so its still not 50%. It will need more then 1Ghz core to get more then 50% increase which will not happen.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZealotKi11er View Post
Even so its still not 50%. It will need more then 1Ghz core to get more then 50% increase which will not happen.
DUDE its an nvidia card. You are forgetting a fact that its not like ati,i.e. 1ghz core is not 1ghz on the shader.
Example gtx285 vs gtx280 although as clocks it was increased by 10% the performance was more. So u dont have to do 1ghz core to get 50% performance maybe 800+/1800+/1000+ core/shader/mem.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Do we know if these have finally ditched capacitors for digital voltage regulation yet?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts