Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I recently purchased an asus k8n motherboard and i have noticed that their are many settings inside the bios that i have no idea what they are including

DDR Frequency
MEMTIME

and pretty much everything inside the advanced settings (those are the ones im really curious about) also when i boot up it says that my DDR Frequency is 266mz is that correct if i am using 3200 ram

my computer specs are

AMD 3000+
ASUS k8n Motherboard
1GB of RAM

anything about this motherboard would help

Also offtopic it takes a long time for my computer to shut down... is that normal.

Thanks Alot
Bless

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
The DDR frequency should be set to 400MHz to run your memory at optimal speeds. As for the memory timings.. that'll depend on what kind of RAM you have.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

The DDR frequency should be set to 400MHz to run your memory at optimal speeds. As for the memory timings.. that'll depend on what kind of RAM you have.

Do you mean what brand of ram becuase i have no idea!

EDIT : DDRAM PC-3200 512M KINGMAX
that accounts for one stick atleast

i also have a question about ram...if you have 2 different builds of ram from different companys ex. i have one KINGMAX and the other is generic will it effect anything if they are rated the same

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
The only thing will be is the slower of the two (most likely the generic) will limit the overclocking and tweaking of the faster one. Other than that, it shouldn't cause any problems.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also there is jumperfree settings that have a autoclock and then manual when i use the auto overclocker on 10% i get some program crashes if i used the manual settings would it make it any better if so what are the best manual settings

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Manual settings are usually better. Overclocking is trial and error, just need to slow increase the HTT setting and then when it becomes unstable, add more core voltage. You need to watch your load temps as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts