Overclock.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to set up THIS Asus VW224U LCD but i am having a lot of trouble getting the colors to look right. On my old junky SVA 19" all i did was set the color temp to 6500 and fiddle with the contrast and brightness with a white to black color step which resulted in a great looking picture with good looking colors. With this new Asus nothing looks right..... ever. I have tried every mode possible except manually setting the RGB which i do not know how to do properly. On this Asus i cant tell what the color temp settngs are as they do not say anything in the manual or the monitors setup. All i have is: Cool, Normal, Warm, sRGB and User mode which just has all colors at 100 but can be adjusted... What RGB = 6500 that i liked on my old monitor?

If i leave the factory settings the colors are very washed out, for an example OCN is a very faint greyish blue instead of a much darker blue that is on every other LCD in my house, no amount of contrast or brightness changes this.

Can anyone PLEASE help me get this :turd: monitor to look right?

·
No desktop currently :(
2,134 Posts
I have the VH222, and there's not much you can do except fiddle with it. After a couple days I got it to the point where most colors look right. I gave up trying to get it any better, but after using the monitor for another couple days I completely adjusted to it, and now I can't tell there's any color problem.

·
Premium Member
8,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thai
View Post

I think I'll be in the same boat as you soon enough when I order my Asus VW266H. I'll be using Adobe to calibrate my colours settings manually. But have a look at this link, it may help you.

http://desktoppub.about.com/cs/color...al_monitor.htm

Regardless, you'll have to adjust manually.

Thanks for the link, unfortunately no matter what i try it just looks..... bleh. Very unimpressed with this Asus monitor.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a 224U and my colors are fine. I have a 19" dell sitting right next to my asus and the asus's colors are much brighter and clear then the dell. I'm set in standard mode and didn't really tweak the colors a whole lot. All the other settings seem to make everything too blue.

·
Premium Member
8,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by bpfeil
View Post

I have a 224U and my colors are fine. I have a 19" dell sitting right next to my asus and the asus's colors are much brighter and clear then the dell. I'm set in standard mode and didn't really tweak the colors a whole lot. All the other settings seem to make everything too blue.

What color temp, brightness and contrast are you using?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Auld
View Post

What color temp, brightness and contrast are you using?

Brightness 90
Contrast 80
Sharpness 45
OverDrive (Whatever that does, I don't see a difference) 60
Color temp at the user setting with all 100's

The colors are a little washed out compared to my laptop but the picture is much more sharp and clear. So it may just be a sacrifice.

·
Premium Member
8,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by bpfeil
View Post

Brightness 90
Contrast 80
Sharpness 45
OverDrive (Whatever that does, I don't see a difference) 60
Color temp at the user setting with all 100's

The colors are a little washed out compared to my laptop but the picture is much more sharp and clear. So it may just be a sacrifice.

Ah i see, its basically at factory settings, which was wayyyyy to bright for me. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
40 Posts
No problem, it is bright but I like it! I actually just ordered another one of these the other day. I'm pretty pumped to have to of these big guys on my desk!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts