Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at several monitors for the last month or so. I like my Alienware, but it has noticeable backlight bleeding on the top of the screen, and it becomes really annoying over time. I never considered other 3D monitors as this one offers the best color accuracy and has an AG finish, which is a must for me.

Now, Asus & Nvidia just announced the brand new 278H and 3D Vision 2 glasses, due for release this month. Finally, an Asus, LED-Backlit 3D monitor with an AG finish is going to be released. According to what some reviewers saw @ GeForce LAN6, the monitor has excellent color accuracy, comes with a pair of 3D Vision 2 glasses and supports a new Nvidia feature which reduces the natural darkening effects of shutter technology.

However, I don't have first hand experience with ASUS' LED Backlit panels. My question is, should I be worried about backlight bleeding? Or is it less of an issue on LED monitors?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Back-light bleed has zero to do with back-light type, but the construction of the screen, fit of the panel and tension inside the assembly (more or less).

If it's a big concern and you are interested in this screen, try buying it from a re-seller/e-tailer with a good return/satisfaction policy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts