Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a weird vcore reading with my setup. I have my current vcore currently set to 1.5v. I reboot and my bios, under hardware monitor, reports my current vCore is at 1.454v. When I run a prime blend test, CPUID HWmonitor states my vcore is at 1.43 to 1.44 fluctuating.

My current oc is only me upping my multipler to 3.8 ghz.
Cool 'n Quiet is disabled.

Two things come to mind for me. Either I am feeding way too much voltage to my cpu or I have a huge vdrop, which I don't know how to adjust. These are just hunches.

Honestly, I have no clue why this is occuring. Anyone know?

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
is load line calibration on 0%?
setting it at 0% compensates for vdroop under load. so basically under load u should see voltages higher than 1.5v. Although u can fine tune just how much higher u want it to go.

if it is and the voltage still drops u can increase the cpu vdda.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by smartasien
View Post

is load line calibration on 0%?

I have not messed with this setting. I assume at default it is 0%, but not sure. There is nothing in my bios that speaks of load line calibration, though I believe I have seen that under ACC mod, which is not active.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
on my board LLC is ~50%. Hmm i'm surprised u don't have a LLC setting :/

can u take a pic of your bios where your voltage settings are and the ACC part?
on second thought let me check the manual.

so i just checked with the manual. You don't have LLC or CPU VDDA.
While googling I found someone else with a similar problem. Have you checked your vcore in BIOS? If its close to what you set it at, then its most likely a problem with the software.

If its also undervolting. The only suggestion i can make is to increase the CPU overvoltage accordingly if your system is unstable. Otherwise Just leave it the way it is.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, here are my pics. Now, I show that one pick with ACC on when I always have it off, but I am pretty sure that is not what we need. I have read a few times that the CPU VDDA voltage is suppose to help with vdroop, but I am stunned I am having so much.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Yeah just fine tune the cpu vdda if your system is unstable under load. My vdroop is very similar with LLC off and @50%.

also i've tried 3 psus on my rig and all 3 had similar results. the mobos responsible. its just how they allocate power i guess.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr-Charles View Post
...just curious tyfarve04, WHAT Bios are you using??
You do know that there was a newer BIOS for your mthrbrd out about's a week ago ? ? ?
{ BIOS 0901 on Mar 5th, 2010}

mr-Charles .

Oh, I did not know that. Going to go get that now.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr-Charles View Post
...just curious tyfarve04, WHAT Bios are you using??
You do know that there was a newer BIOS for your mthrbrd out about's a week ago ? ? ?
{ BIOS 0901 on Mar 5th, 2010}

mr-Charles .

Nice, guess I'll be updating.
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am just baffled though why and how my vcore is dipping so so low. I mean I have it set at 1.5125 in the bios right now, yet HWmonitor is reading it to be 1.44 to 1.45. I have hiked my CPU VDDA up to 2.8, but I have seen no difference in my vdroop I am experiencing.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyfavre04
View Post

I am just baffled though why and how my vcore is dipping so so low. I mean I have it set at 1.5125 in the bios right now, yet HWmonitor is reading it to be 1.44 to 1.45. I have hiked my CPU VDDA up to 2.8, but I have seen no difference in my vdroop I am experiencing.

. . . . . uhhh,
You've got me {stump'd} on this one Budd...
. . . { i wish i could help / come up with a reason/solution, BUT, i Won't feed ya NO lie's nor wrongful info, sorry}....
. . .

mr-Charles .

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I have the exact same problem you have tyfavre. The new BIOS update didn't help at all for me. Is it possible for this option to get included in a BIOS update or is it hardware?

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyfavre04 View Post

I am getting a weird vcore reading with my setup. I have my current vcore currently set to 1.5v. I reboot and my bios, under hardware monitor, reports my current vCore is at 1.454v. When I run a prime blend test, CPUID HWmonitor states my vcore is at 1.43 to 1.44 fluctuating.

My current oc is only me upping my multipler to 3.8 ghz.

Cool 'n Quiet is disabled.

Two things come to mind for me. Either I am feeding way too much voltage to my cpu or I have a huge vdrop, which I don't know how to adjust. These are just hunches.

Honestly, I have no clue why this is occuring. Anyone know?
Did you ever solve the problem? I have the same exact mobo and am having the same problem!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts