Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Old C-130 Guy
4,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just moved to Intel and crossfire was working great with my g3258 and Maximus 7 Hero MB until I dropped my i7 4790k processor in then the option in AMD Control Center was no longer there.

I just reinstalled windows for other reasons and I still can't crossfire my cards.

When I look in bios the top card is at 8x and the bottom is at 2x with no option to change it.

Anyone know have any idea what I can try to fix it.

Thank you..

·
PC Enthusiast
1,075 Posts
Try reseating the cards in the slots, making sure you use the red slots. If it still says x2 on the bottom card pull that card out and tell us what the top card says on it's own (should say x16). If it says x16 for just the top card pull that card out and put the second card in the top slot and check that it also says x16 with that one.

You need at least x4 on each card for crossfire, they should be at x8 on each card when you use the red slots. If you can't get x16 with one card in the top red slot there is probably something wrong with the cpu as those lanes come directly from the cpu. Maybe try checking that the pins inside the cpu socket aren't bent and the cpu is fitted properly.

·
Old C-130 Guy
4,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pulled the processor out and low and behold a bent pin...

Thanks for the help everyone

1 - 5 of 5 Posts