Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Can you please comment on the built in sound card on Maximus V GENE board? Thing is that I bought the mobo and put it in Silverstone TJ08-E. The space is tight so I am struggling whether I should move Xonar DX from my older build...

I know that it's a Realtek chip which was never awesome but maybe things have changed since last Maximus IV GENE-Z? My main concern is sound quality but I also notice that the software is quite annoying too. I have 3 or 4 different programs to control sound settings / effects... which are:

Realtek HD Audio Manager with ASUS logo
Sound Blaster Panel (which takes 10 clicks to pop from taskbar) allows access to:
  • THX TruStudio (Surround, Cristalizer, Smart Volume and Dialog Plus effects)
  • Sound Blaster Console (useless EAX effect & EQ which I dunno how to use anyway)
  • Creative Music Server (which allows to stream ur music to other devices on network from itunes (or so it says))
Also two unattractive gadgets.

The only somewhat useful thing here for me is Crystalizer. Makes my electro/dubstep music sound better
tongue.gif

ASUS Xonar DX software is not perfect either but still there is only one control panel with a few effects.

So dunno, guys, plz help to decide! Thanks!
smile.gif

·
Registered
209 Posts
To be honest with you the only product worthwhile to upgrading if you want THX TruStudio is Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD which I'm currently looking at but the only problem for me is If I would be able to hear any difference with my headset (PC 350) between Titanium or onboard SupremeFX X-Fi2.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts