Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For years used Asus... Just was looking to build another PC since x58 and was looking at some Asus boards. Holy mother of god the reviews are terrible across the board of all price ranges and both 1151 and 2011-v3. Any advice here lol? Should I just skip this gen or look for another brand. The thing is Gigabyte and MSI not exactly amazing reviews either though slightly better. They have been both paying more attention to quality of late but not sure it is enough. I like a rock steady motherboard, I remember in the past I used to use cheaper EVGA boards and I still feel the pain:mad:. I'm actually cautious to upgrade my system at all after looking through...

Help I need a system to play fallout 4 DLC
thumb.gif

·
Registered
129 Posts
Look for another brand. Not only the quality are dropping, but in my country the level of customer service also drops down a lot.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have the Asus x99-Deluxe board and I can say the quality is top notch. I too have used Asus boards for a long time. (440BX days)
I don't think this board is anything less then stellar quality. I can also say that my dealing with Asus customer support was nothing short of excellent. I know you may read differently on some sites but this is not what I experienced with them.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I've had nothing but negative experiences with Asus boards this generation (X99, 1150, 1151) from DOA's for a couple of client builds to a dead memory channel on my personal Asus X99-A in my main rig. Even when they work right the BIOS is a bit wonky IMO. I have a friend who works at Microcenter who said they get back a ridiculous number of those boards as defective. I have been pretty happy with a few MSI boards though. I'll be sticking with them until Asus gets their quality control together personally.

It seems to be hit or miss. A lot of their boards end up being just fine and when they work people like them. Seems like a lot of people haven't been that lucky from what I can tell :/

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
I'm not sure how AsRock is with their modern boards. When Z77 was introduced they took a massive dip in quality, the Z77 had very big difference on reported vcore and what was actually going to the CPU (The actual voltage was almost 0.1V higher than reported...)

I wonder how the Z170 AsRock boards are?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts