Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, So a buddy of mine is hell bent on saying Asus Mobo's are complete crap. He's had 2 Sabertooth 58FX series boards both function but he claims that it has issues after a few days, like games not functioning and blue screens.

Fine, I'll give him possible bugs. But he's tossed out stats on our forums of a massive amount of poor quality boards and how Asus boards pose a insanely high chance of a bad board.

I've owned Asus for years, and so have many other gamers. So I'm fact collecting. Anyone heard rumors, or have stats on how good/bad Asus currently is in the mobo market? I love my 990FX from them. So I'm not complaining. I'm just tired of listening to him complain and attempt to steer people to Gigabyte when they want Asus.

·
Premium Member
6,144 Posts
I've had stories from all manufacturers including Gigabyte.

There's always one bad apple in a bunch. In this case, one model to stay away from.
wink.gif

·
Premium Member
4,914 Posts
hes a dumbass.

every company has a % of manufactured products that are bad. Asus just looks the worst because of the sheer number of motherboards they make and sell to people. You dont hear about companies like Biostar and Foxconn having crap boards that die often because even though the % failure may be similar, there just arent as many motherboards out there in consumer hands.

·
Premium Member
16,458 Posts
Asus make some of the, if not THE, best motherboards PERIOD.

I've owned Asus for both AMD and Intel cpus and have nothing bad to say.

A87V8-x with Athlon 2600+ socket A
A8N-SLI Deluxe with Athlon 64 3200+ Venice socket 939 @ 2600 mhz (2000 mhz stock)
Asus P5B Deluxe WiFi with my Q6600 @ 3.2 ghz 24/7

I'm sure like any mass volume manufacturers they've had less than stellar models, but for the most part FANTASTIC MB MANUFACTURER

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So the 58Fx series was pretty bad, but besides that he's just over reacting? Figured as much. Thanks folks.

·
Registered
769 Posts
2/4 Of my asus boards went bad in the first month.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Most of the people who have been having trouble with the Sabertooth 990fx, from what I have read seems to be user error. The CHV has had a bunch of issues, but once you get a good one it is good to go.

For the most part MSI is the company to steer clear from based on their cutting corners in circuit design and using too few vrm in their high end boards.

·
Registered
990 Posts
No problems here using bios 0705. There is a beta bios version for the BD Cpus available as of 10/17/11. I wouldn't put a BD chip in these boards until a final version of the bios is available.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I support AMD all the way, my current board is the first time i ever had an issue but i got the board knowing about the NB heat sink issue an it took me all of half hour to fix it. Since then i have never had any dramas at all,

(ASUS Crosshair IV Formula)

·
Melted Cheese
4,186 Posts
In my decade of building custom PCs for friends, family and clients I have most definitely learned that ASUS has the highest quality motherboards and by far the best customer service. The only time I have ever had an ASUS motherboard go on me is when I physically broke it. I used to build with Gigabyte, but ASUS is by far the winner imho.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks folks, good to see the love for Asus. I feel the same way as I've been using them for ages as well.

·
Premium Member
4,527 Posts
i haven't owned an asus in quite a few years (since the 775 days). the last one i owned was a p45 P5Q Deluxe. i wasn't to pleased with it and within a month replaced it with a gigabyte ud3p which i was extremely happy with. with this build i went with an asrock, and i was and still am quite pleased with them.

but out of the years i've built pc's, that last asus was the only really bad one i had. they are good boards, your friend sounds like he just had a bad experience with them and wont ever let them live it down.

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,225 Posts
I have yet to see an issue other than factory defects which are rare.

My card.... is lovely.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
My first P8P67 died in it's first week of use. The replacement board runs like a champ though.

Pardon my spelling/grammer. Using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 32 Posts